Diablo® III

Friends and Family Test and NDA

(Locked)

85 Human Priest
Damn .. i hope so badly to have a beta key ! Ive been waiting D3 for so many years ! If i would have the beta i would have a dream become true ! I have been playing D1 and D2 since im a teen , Now it's time to get D3 to play the real stuff ! Enough of WoW and Sc2 , Ready to own at D3 . Congrats to everyone who has a beta key , you guys are so lucky . Hope the best of luck too all the other people who tries to get one !!
omgazors, I want I want Diablo III beta^^
91 Worgen Rogue
09/08/2011 12:05 PMPosted by Taen
Mmmm.... the dirty things I would do for a beta key....

Isn't much dirty you can do, seen your a goblin!!! xD sorry i had to point that out.
Hrm so it's F&F, and then rolling out to people with high spec PC's or who are reputable, then what?

At any time will everyone be able to play the beta?
85 Night Elf Druid
09/08/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Cooper
then rolling out to people with high spec PC's or who are reputable

your computer specs have no bearing on selection.
then rolling out to people with high spec PC's or who are reputable

your computer specs have no bearing on selection.

How are beta test participants selected from the opt-in pool?

Beta testers are chosen according to their system specs and other factors, including luck. Our goal is to have a good variety of system types to best test compatibility.

source: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/diablo3-announcement/index.html#beta:d3-faq

You're completely wrong.
Edited by Oxalis on 9/8/2011 2:15 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
thats the part I found odd, and the noreply@ email address seemed stupid - but it was wishful thinking and just wanted to check with the smart people :)

thanks for the responses.

have fun beta testers :)
FINALLY, GJ blizzard
45 Undead Warlock
Are F&F beta keys still being sent out?
because one of my friends who works at Blizzard said
he put my account on his F&F form but I still haven't received a single word from them.
Ok, so its still only F&F, i can't seem to get a straight answer. Been checking my mail like 12238468 times a day waiting to see if i get invited.

hopefully soon! Come on Blizz, quit keeping us in the dark over here!
Hrm so it's F&F, and then rolling out to people with high spec PC's or who are reputable, then what?

While our computer specs do seem to be the primary factor in the selection process, that doesn't necessarily mean that "high spec" PCs will get preferential treatment. Like Oxalis quoted, their goal is to include a variety of system types to test compatibility and optimization.

For example, let's pretend Blizzard's planning to take 5,000 beta testers for the first phase of closed beta. Other aspects of our computer systems notwithstanding - such as operating system, RAM, hard disk space, and processor speed/type - let's just assume that, first and foremost, Blizzard wants to strike an even balance between GPU brands, namely Nvidia and ATI, within their testing pool. Now, if they've got 10,000 applicants with Nvidia graphics cards and only 1,000 with ATI hardware, you can bet that all 1,000 of the applicants using ATI cards will stand a good chance of receiving invites, while the other 4,000 testers will be randomly selected from the pool of applicants running Nvidia cards.

And again, that's only me making a really rough example with no tangible information, and considering only one identifying aspect of our computers. The system they have in place to achieve a good variety is understandably much more complex, likely involving long sessions of darts and "eeny, meeny, miny, moe."
85 Night Elf Mage
♫ ♪ All i want for christmas is...... my diablo 3 beta ♫ ♪ :D
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i never figured out how to sign up for the beta? i didn't want to sell my soul
let the awesomness commence! one question how do u get a beta key, or get access?
58 Night Elf Death Knight
09/08/2011 04:06 PMPosted by Zaviel
♫ ♪ All i want for christmas is...... my diablo 3 beta ♫ ♪ :D

Aww thanks.
How do u get this beta?

While our computer specs do seem to be the primary factor in the selection process, that doesn't necessarily mean that "high spec" PCs will get preferential treatment. Like Oxalis quoted, their goal is to include a variety of system types to test compatibility and optimization.

For example, let's pretend Blizzard's planning to take 5,000 beta testers for the first phase of closed beta. Other aspects of our computer systems notwithstanding - such as operating system, RAM, hard disk space, and processor speed/type - let's just assume that, first and foremost, Blizzard wants to strike an even balance between GPU brands, namely Nvidia and ATI, within their testing pool. Now, if they've got 10,000 applicants with Nvidia graphics cards and only 1,000 with ATI hardware, you can bet that all 1,000 of the applicants using ATI cards will stand a good chance of receiving invites, while the other 4,000 testers will be randomly selected from the pool of applicants running Nvidia cards.

And again, that's only me making a really rough example with no tangible information, and considering only one identifying aspect of our computers. The system they have in place to achieve a good variety is understandably much more complex, likely involving long sessions of darts and "eeny, meeny, miny, moe."

I never understood how available hard disc space factored into their selection. Obviously I could always delete stuff to make room for the beta or even the full game. Also, the system specs only show my primary hard drive and completely ignores the other two I have connected to my computer. What if I intentionally make my smallest HDD my primary drive so the only thing I have on there is my OS so as not to bog down my system? The view they get of my system specs for beta opt-in is pretty narrow.
Edited by Biohazard on 9/8/2011 4:54 PM PDT
This game will rule them all.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]