Diablo® III

I must say... the game looks GREAT!

(Locked)

Watching the stream by teamliquid, it really brought me back to the old school diablo 2 days. That first time you get on the game and you just take your time with everything. It looks GREAT and i cant wait to play.

There was a lot of concern about diablo 3 not being similar enough to diablo 2, but from what i can see... the feel and look is still very diablo-esque.
I think it looks great too. I can't wait!
It really does remind me of Diablo, but with just enough of a modern twist to keep it relevant and fun. For one I can actually tell what's going on when a lot of monsters are on-screen and spells are flying off like crazy!
Blizzard makes great games. I'm sure this will be no different. Feels like i've waited 1/2 my life for this game.
Community Manager
Awesome! Yeah we've worked hard to keep it feeling like Diablo, and while we consistently get that feedback from people who have gotten to play the demos, it's awesome for that to finally be more visible to everyone looking forward to the game.

Enjoy the streams, etc. and good luck on getting an invite.
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm just waiting...

Go to sleep, Bash. ;p
I'd like a few more thrown about dead bodies here and there in the little ive seen thus far, but it looks pretty damn awesome!
90 Night Elf Priest
It really does look great. I love the use of implied 3D space giving the environments a much larger sense of scale.
90 Troll Druid
It looks very dark - scary even. And people were saying it was too bright. wow, it's almost the opposite.

Not 'gothic' dark all the time but still very dark.
It certainly reminds me a lot of Diablo 2. The only real problem I still have with it is the lack of death animations and death noises (not to nitpick. but srsly).
It looks great, although I so have a small complaint... The game seems to be lacking cowbell.
Awesome! Yeah we've worked hard to keep it feeling like Diablo, and while we consistently get that feedback from people who have gotten to play the demos, it's awesome for that to finally be more visible to everyone looking forward to the game.

Enjoy the streams, etc. and good luck on getting an invite.

Yeah from the stills I've seen I am very excited to play this.

Just hope that the 'no lighting on skills' thing is sorted out. I know it's a silly thing to obsess over, but it was a huge part (to me) of what made D2 classic and I was sad to see it absent in the videos thus far.
Community Manager
09/07/2011 12:16 AMPosted by Grafix
now if only the music was better...

Huh. That's the first time I've read that.

Were you maybe expecting something besides what is generally the subdued mood-music in Diablo games? While World of Warcraft has huge epic orchestra pieces and driving melodies, Diablo music is far more subdued and moody. If you're looking for big concert-hall filling scores, it's just not what Diablo is about, although some bigger pieces certainly exist and you'll get to enjoy them with the release of the game.

Diablo and its music is more about ambiance, as it's a game that should mostly be filled with the sounds of slaughtering demons. Big epic tracks just aren't very Diablo, and would very likely not mesh with the style of gameplay.

That's just my guess as to what some people may be expecting. Diablo music is generally just mood-enhancing ambiance. But if you have other feedback, it's welcome.
Edited by Bashiok on 9/7/2011 12:31 AM PDT
Yeah the graphics looked amazing and VERY dark/atmospheric. I don't know what was with the b-roll footage.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]