Diablo® III

I must say... the game looks GREAT!

(Locked)

80 Undead Warrior
now if only the music was better...

If you cant enjoy the game for what it is. Feel free to mute the sound and play your top 10 Bieber hits on iTunes.
Edited by Jessicafox on 9/8/2011 3:02 PM PDT
The music was actually one of stand-out qualities to me. Absolutely amazing. Diablo music x 10. Whoever said otherwise is an ignorant fool.
100 Human Paladin
Whoever said this game was too bright and not dark enough, was on something.

Game looks fantastic.

Edit: Needs more oldschool Tristram theme though
Edited by Paladinchaz on 9/7/2011 10:08 AM PDT
09/07/2011 12:29 AMPosted by Bashiok
But if you have other feedback, it's welcome

From some of the streams I've heard little parts of music that bring me back to Diablo I music.

This is exceptionally awesome.

The game also looks very dark in act 1 like Diablo I, unlike Diablo 2 where you go out to a sunny green field and expect to see rainbows and ponies prancing across the cold plains. It seems to be revitalizing what I so loved about D1.

Yay! That is my feedback. Anything that brings back the D1 feeling is awesome.

Huh. That's the first time I've read that.

Were you maybe expecting something besides what is generally the subdued mood-music in Diablo games? While World of Warcraft has huge epic orchestra pieces and driving melodies, Diablo music is far more subdued and moody. If you're looking for big concert-hall filling scores, it's just not what Diablo is about, although some bigger pieces certainly exist and you'll get to enjoy them with the release of the game.

Diablo and its music is more about ambiance, as it's a game that should mostly be filled with the sounds of slaughtering demons. Big epic tracks just aren't very Diablo, and would very likely not mesh with the style of gameplay.

That's just my guess as to what some people may be expecting. Diablo music is generally just mood-enhancing ambiance. But if you have other feedback, it's welcome.

The music I've heard so far sounds more like Diablo 1 music. :)

98 Blood Elf Hunter
It looks beautiful and plays beautiful IMO. So happy to hear the old music and sound effects in game, like when you drink a pot or click a bookshelf. I love the bookshelves, btw! I just wish they actually drop something for me! I keep wanting to grab those town portal scrolls, hah!

Were you maybe expecting something besides what is generally the subdued mood-music in Diablo games? While World of Warcraft has huge epic orchestra pieces and driving melodies, Diablo music is far more subdued and moody. If you're looking for big concert-hall filling scores, it's just not what Diablo is about, although some bigger pieces certainly exist and you'll get to enjoy them with the release of the game.

Diablo and its music is more about ambiance, as it's a game that should mostly be filled with the sounds of slaughtering demons. Big epic tracks just aren't very Diablo, and would very likely not mesh with the style of gameplay.

That's just my guess as to what some people may be expecting. Diablo music is generally just mood-enhancing ambiance. But if you have other feedback, it's welcome.

I disagree. The thing that really bothers me with Diablo 3, even if I did not play it yet, is the music. Music/ambiance is something really really important for me when I play a game and the game that I will remember all my life for that point is Diablo 2.

When I bought LoD years ago, I was like omg what is this? This game feels so strange and.. boring? Well my music files had been corrupted with LoD (I think it was a known issue) and I wasn't hearing all the music. That's where I really realized how much the D2 music is epic and needs to be there for the game to be so great. Listen to the tracks in the Act one, listen to the Act 2... Many oriental instruments were used and the main Diablo theme created with an oriental scale, making the music fitting perfectly to the game. There's videos talking about all that work behind the Diablo 2 soundtracks and how it makes them much better than the music from any other game. It's not just an "ambiance" like in D3, it's much more than that. And when I'm saying this, I'm absolutely not saying it needs to have epic melodies like WoW because is shouldn't and nobody said it should ;)

I'm watching videos and even if the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it, it feels "empty" in a way... Because of the lack of suitable music. Maybe it's just me, since I didn't play yet, but I'm really not the first pointing this out. I love the main Diablo 3 theme, it's pure epicness, but ingame it isn't IMO.

I would like to add a small detail, about the music at the login screen. It doesn't seem to fit with the background.. I don't know how to explain it. I open Diablo 2 and everything fits perfectly (ahhh plus that music in bnet.... nostalgia....) but when I open D3's beta, it doesn't feel right. But this is a detail, I'm pretty sure this login screen has nothing to do with the final one.

Things I always LOVED in Diablo : The Lore and the Music
Edited by Blackluc on 9/7/2011 12:01 PM PDT
I must say the log in screen looks great
The thing that really bothers me with Diablo 3, even if I did not play it yet,

stopped reading here.
Personally i'm really dissapointed. Because i won't get beta and i'm still gonna check my email and this forum every 5 minutes until release like a spastic >.<

Amen brother. Amen.
The Game looks beautyful from the 1080p vids I have seen. I say a Witch Docter Vid and when Decard Cain come in and I say how the Art style made him look I was blown away. I cannot say enough good stuff about this game. I must say though a lot of people I think wanted at times more music such as after you beat WC3 the guitar music or some version of that when a boss fight comes and or a mini-boss to bring out the craziness of the situation.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree Diablo's music is deep and moody. This ain't WOW. Get with the program!

What about the track that was released quite a while back, called "Diablo III Overture"? That is much more than just atmospheric music. It's quite epic, and it sounds amazing.
The game does look great and atmospheric.

The music also lends to the atmosphere, but it lacks a certain melodic presence to it. There is very little form to the note and chord progressions. There also seems to be little to break up the long sustained notes, making it difficult to pick out a tonal flow to the music. This may be done on purpose, but I think it will be contrasted with some of the opening tracks of Diablo 1 and 2 that are memorable because they have a bit more easily discernible movement to their scores.
Blizzard Employee
09/07/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Ral
What about the track that was released quite a while back, called "Diablo III Overture"? That is much more than just atmospheric music. It's quite epic, and it sounds amazing.

Right, and there definitely are tracks like that for specifically epic parts of the game, or when we can throw huge scores at you like the login screen, cinematics, etc. For much of the time out in the field or in a dungeon, that isn't the music that works well with that type of gameplay or those areas.

It would just feel silly to have a huge epic orchestra piece as you walk through the foggy moors outside New Tristram.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
09/07/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Bashiok

Right, and there definitely are tracks like that for specifically epic parts of the game, or when we can throw huge scores at you like the login screen, cinematics, etc. For much of the time out in the field or in a dungeon, that isn't the music that works well with that type of gameplay or those areas.

It would just feel silly to have a huge epic orchestra piece as you walk through the foggy moors outside New Tristram.

gameset.
90 Worgen Druid

I don't know about that... I could very easily see this 57-piece undead orchestra, with choir in tow, rising out of the moors. They'd be performing an absolutely epic piece that slowly fades away as parts start flying/dropping off...

...and then they'd all shamble towards you mumbling "REFRAINS!!!"...
Edited by Wolf on 9/7/2011 3:58 PM PDT
There's something between almost nothing and a 50 musicians orchestra with epic melodies, that's what it should be.
I gotta say I'm loving it.
As soon as it got released a guy in teamliquid started playing at really good quality but no more :(.

I think I went to sleep after 2 hours of watching it and chatting with everybody else :D.
Gotta hate people that complains about the graphics since the options aren't all there and when ppl stream it kills a lot of textures.

Awesome game :), can't wait to put my hands on!

*The campus shall tremble!!*

PS: To some WoW players (not all of ya), please stop comparing Diablo to WoW and giving tips based on your experience playing WoW. This ain't WoW and it has nothing to do with it, if the interface and graphics are KINDA similar is because WoW interface is very popular and if its not broken, don't fix it, but that's all there is to it. Diablo is Diablo, Starcraft is Starcraft and Warcraft is Warcraft.
Edited by Drakan on 9/7/2011 3:09 PM PDT
88 Orc Hunter
09/07/2011 12:28 AMPosted by Luke
Watching the stream, just looks GOSU

holy crap, 'gosu' is still a thing? thats radical. i mean..thats the bomb.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]