Diablo® III

I must say... the game looks GREAT!

(Locked)

Looks amazing in the most amazing thing is the music, gosh! It's AWESOME! Can't wait to play the full game..
Everything about this game so far is amazing, the atomosphere, the music, the way characters feel, the story, the voice acting, the nostalgia... WHAT A GAME. WHAT A GAME!!!
90 Night Elf Druid
Looks amazing, can't wait to play it.
87 Blood Elf Mage
I believe I have fell in love. Nice job everyone who contributed everything to the game.
09/07/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Bashiok
What about the track that was released quite a while back, called "Diablo III Overture"? That is much more than just atmospheric music. It's quite epic, and it sounds amazing.

Right, and there definitely are tracks like that for specifically epic parts of the game, or when we can throw huge scores at you like the login screen, cinematics, etc. For much of the time out in the field or in a dungeon, that isn't the music that works well with that type of gameplay or those areas.

It would just feel silly to have a huge epic orchestra piece as you walk through the foggy moors outside New Tristram.

Mmm. I must say that I'm hoping for some seriously epic stuff for Act bosses. Also - the new 'Town' track is very solid.

Anyone play Titan Quest?

One of the most incredible things about that game was the use of a single themesong multiple times in the game. The normal version at the start, a much more epic version on the final level and, once you finished the game, a seriously badass symphonic metal version for the credits. I actually got chills the first time.

100 Tauren Druid
I love the new music bashiok, This guy just does not see art like we do

Right, and there definitely are tracks like that for specifically epic parts of the game, or when we can throw huge scores at you like the login screen, cinematics, etc. For much of the time out in the field or in a dungeon, that isn't the music that works well with that type of gameplay or those areas.

It would just feel silly to have a huge epic orchestra piece as you walk through the foggy moors outside New Tristram.

I'd think walking through foggy New Tristram it would make sense to have powerful melancholy orchestral scores highlighting the mood you were trying to create there, more powerful music in games helps create more powerful moods and can help keep the epicness up even when going back to town. Since you'll be in town less anyways may as well have going there feel a bit more special. This applies to the whole game though, I feel like having watched streams I'd enjoy some more pronounced game music. I appreciated the music in the first Diablo games, but I'd welcome the change to more powerful scores
80 Draenei Hunter
Just spent the last 2 hours watching the live feed. I can't wait to get my fingers on this game!
100 Tauren Druid
Theres a live feed?
09/07/2011 05:16 PMPosted by Seventhwinds
I love the new music bashiok, This guy just does not see art like we do

I'm a musician myself and like I say I'm not the best fan of the new "ambiance", it has nothing to do with appreciating art or not..
100 Tauren Druid
oh I see.

Well I really like the new ambiance feel in this diablo title. It really makes the game feel more alive with undead and demons.

But every one has there own likes and dislikes thats for sure!
Excelent Music... and the game its incredible launch it NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Grettings CHILE, LA
so what you're saying is there is no music in the game only at bosses? that's kinda lame
oh I see.

Well I really like the new ambiance feel in this diablo title. It really makes the game feel more alive with undead and demons.

But every one has there own likes and dislikes thats for sure!

Like I also said in my post it could change when I'll actually be playing the game :P
I can't bring myself to look at a stream. I don't want to ruin any of the game but this is torture now. I'd like a beta invite so bad, lol. But who doesn't...
been watching streams all day game looks incredible even in act 1, can't wait to see the end game
Awesome! Yeah we've worked hard to keep it feeling like Diablo, and while we consistently get that feedback from people who have gotten to play the demos, it's awesome for that to finally be more visible to everyone looking forward to the game.

Enjoy the streams, etc. and good luck on getting an invite.

Luck is Given from a higher power imo. Aka Blizz onto us peasants.
Edited by Texture on 9/7/2011 5:54 PM PDT
09/07/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Bashiok

09/07/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Ral
Diablo music is generally just mood-enhancing ambiance

Couldn't agree more. I hope every music for boss fights is like that of the Siegebreakers. Talk about getting ready for battle...
Yeah, game looks awesome!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]