Diablo® III

Any non-US people in F&F?

- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
I know its a longshot, but any of you F&F people not from US? Really itching to hear from someone overseas players moreso from any Aussies how the lag etc is.

Surly someone at blizzard must know people from outside the US, While I can and am waiting for public beta to hear from people, I know myself and about 50 people in a chat room I hang around in are all waiting to hear how the game stands up lagwise.
Reply Quote
Yeah i'm in NZ and very curious about any latency issues with being perma online from the other side of the world are as well.
Reply Quote
Appears that someone is playing the beta in China - I found a video translating the settings menu from English as there is only an English beta:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123365297?page=1

Given that from Australia we will need to use either the US or SEA servers, I think we will have to deal with the lag either way... (Good case for some of us being in the beta perhaps? :P)
Edited by VTS on 9/7/2011 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ill be your friend bash.... :)

im from australia and am willng to test lag issues :)

Reply Quote
ill be your friend bash.... :)

im from australia and am willng to test lag issues :)

Australia*
Like most of the people online at this hour.

ps. That never works, mate.
Reply Quote
im from aus too yipee!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Is this the Aussie meet and greet thread?

Count me in! =P
Reply Quote
I m from Malaysia and hope they dun forget sending some keys over here !!
Reply Quote
Woohoo! The Aussie thread! :) Count me in
Reply Quote
Soo... no Aussies in the beta it seems...
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
09/08/2011 12:44 AMPosted by hamshank
Austria > Australia, just sayin'

Psh, we clearly drink more then you do so by default we win =P
Reply Quote
09/08/2011 12:46 AMPosted by Cujo
Soo... no Aussies in the beta it seems...
Just lots of us wishing we were ;)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
09/08/2011 12:53 AMPosted by hamshank

Psh, we clearly drink more then you do so by default we win =P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

You win this round Batman!

Now back to hoping someone from Aus is in beta, most people posting at this time of day are SEA so how about someone from SEA being in beta? We have MVPs on the SEA SC2 forum how about them their friends(kinda)?

Gotta be someone!
Reply Quote
if you want to see what your latency would be, perform a traceroute. as an fyi, your d3 latency on the us server would be the same as your latency on us sc2 or on wow

start > cmd (as administrator)
type: tracert us.battle.net > C:\tracert.txt

the hops time out eventually, don't worry about that. high latency could be due to a number of things, e.g., ISP routing issues, which is out of blizzards hands btw.

as an aside, the sea forums blew up with this topic before sea players were given access to the us servers, because apparently a lot of players lagged heavily to the sea servers but not the us servers (and vice versa)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
Yeah I remember the SC2 beta and how it was fine to play and I know my stats via a trace route, but that doesn't show packet loss and such, the ping itself is ok but seems to change allot depending on the actual gameplay. So really we are not going to be sure till someone gets their hands on it.

I know blizz is allowing us Aussies to join the NA servers on release(thank god) I don't know anyone who will play on SEA since the readID doesn't work cross realm.
Reply Quote
Blizzard went out of their way to ask people in the SEA area to do tracerts and give Blizz the results.

Maybe they are using that info to set up the SEA server. I guess if it is in the exact same place as the SC2 SEA server, then it will be the same.

I presume the same is true for the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption
There'd be a lot of people in outback Australia that wouldn't be in those results. And believe me, they drink! Casks of wine by the side of the road everywhere up there lol.

09/08/2011 01:12 AMPosted by Deepa
I know blizz is allowing us Aussies to join the NA servers on release(thank god) I don't know anyone who will play on SEA since the readID doesn't work cross realm.

I'll be on SEA. But I'm thinking it will eventually die and we'll all have to go to NA :(
Edited by Cujo on 9/8/2011 1:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
09/08/2011 01:16 AMPosted by Cujo
I'll be on SEA. But I'm thinking it will eventually die and we'll all have to go to NA :(

I'd play on SEA if the latancy was the same AND if realID worked cross region, the fact I can't chat with my SC2/WoW friends is a major downfall of the system I think.
Reply Quote

I'd play on SEA if the latancy was the same AND if realID worked cross region, the fact I can't chat with my SC2/WoW friends is a major downfall of the system I think.

I haven't played WoW since the begining of this year, so I lost touch with my WoW friends. I do have friends on the SEA SC2 server though, so I'll probably continue there.

But yeah, I can definitely see the server dying purely because replayability will ultimately come down to the auction houses and the more people buying from the auction house, the more worthwhile it will be to sell stuff. So people will basically have to migrate to the NA servers.
Edited by Cujo on 9/8/2011 1:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]