Diablo® III

Gold Pickup Range

After watching many streams and videos I believe the gold pick-up range is too small. In some cases the characters directly next to it and it doesn't register.

I agree that not having click on it is a big help and huge upgrade from D2 but if it your goal to streamline the gold pickup process then please increase the range at least double what it is now.

It's almost as frustrating have to click on each pile than it is having to have precision clicks to get your character to cross directly over it.

Thank you for listening.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
I dunno, you walk over gold and it gets picked up and also the pets you get at times pick it up for you too.

If gold magically was gathered from far away I think it would be silly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Might of been over on Diablofans, but some guy pointed out that some gear has +lootrange on it(whether this is correct or not, I have no idea). Allowing you to pick up gold and items from a distance. Also you can get the companion to pick gold up for you.
Edited by Maliken on 9/8/2011 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That would be cool. I'm not suggesting you should have this huge radius but at least when your a 1/2 a character length away it should trigger. =/
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
there's items that enhances your gold and item pickup range
i believe one of the streams i saw leoric drop a boot that does this + MF + GoldFind
Reply Quote
I want no range for auto pickup gold.
Reply Quote
09/08/2011 06:47 AMPosted by Maliken
Might of been over on Diablofans, but some guy pointed out that some gear has +lootrange on it(whether this is correct or not, I have no idea). Allowing you to pick up gold and items from a distance. Also you can get the companion to pick gold up for you.

Yes, that's correct. One of my current vendors is selling gear with +range for gold pickup.
Reply Quote
I hope MF and GF gear will generally come with the loot radius mod, that'd be a nice little set of mods to make farming easier.
Reply Quote
Oh, forgot to mention that the +loot range also applies to the health orbs that monsters drop, so that's actually pretty useful.
Reply Quote
The loot range is a new and nice to add to gear. I just hope that it doesn't replace a more useful secondary start like crit, Damage and or MF. I doubt items with have a wall of text with secondary stats so there will be most likely a limit per item and or per item difficulty level.

I just hope there is an enchanter of sorts that is able (for a price) to take off secondary stats from gear. Perhaps even do random stats/effects. I mean if I get a unique and it has Spell haste%, crit% and loot/item pickup radius, I might want to swap the loot radius with runspeed. Runspeed will allow me to get to the loot quicker and reach enemies faster than just having the radius larger of picking up gold, orbs & items. Perhaps.
Edited by VienxInq on 9/8/2011 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
Would be cool to have this as a stat on items to increasing the range of the gold pick up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]