Diablo® III

Graphics for items on the ground

I've seen some footage available on the interwebs and I noticed a cloth chest piece in particular. When this drops off of an enemy on to the ground, the graphic on the ground looks like a heavy duty steel full upper body armor piece. In Diablo 2 cloth armor looks like cloth armor on the ground.
Also, I was watching a stream at another point and I saw cloth pants drop on the ground which also looked like a metallic upper body piece. Now I'm not sure if the pants had the graphic of an upper body piece because I couldn't rewind, but I do know that they looked metallic.

It's not a big deal, but I think it would be kinda nice if the item graphic laying on the ground more resembled the item as shown in the inventory/equipped. I'm not sure if other items are like this or if i'm just noticing the one oddball occurrence.
Reply Quote
It's possible that they just used a placeholder for now, or that they simply used only 2 or 3 models for ground drops, and picked the wrong one for that particular item type.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
Yeah I'm betting on place holder items, art stuff always seems to be the last thing patched in(I wonder why?).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]