Diablo® III

Trag'Oul - Who said that he was dead?

I can't find the post but when I brought up Trag'Oul, somebody mentioned that he was dead.

Does anybody remember seeing this in a novel? Is this true, and if so, can you please link me to some proof?

As far as I can find, he's still kickin and keepin that balance... balanced.
Reply Quote
Nothing I've seen has ever mentioned him being dead. But we have no idea what he's been up to since the events of the Sin War.
Reply Quote
Trag'Oul was bar from interning the final events of the Sin War by other watchers and latter guide Rathma and Kalan on continuing their studys on the Balance, but since then we have no idea on his activities.

No clues to what happen to him after the Worldstone shattered or if he's still around to aid Sanctuary and the necromancers in the 20 years.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Actuallyy he is not present in the game events...not as i can remember.
It seems that since Uldyssian made changes in the Worldstone, Trag'oul 's influence under the sanctuary has diminished. Perhaps we can learn some more now in the events of D3, but i bet this would be an explored topic of the lore...sadly.
By the way, trag'oul is a kind of spirit, not a living being, and therefore cant be dead or something. its like Diablo himself. But i like to think of him more like an ethereal thing.
I cant remember if it was mentioned that he is dead though. Probably dont.
Reply Quote
09/16/2011 01:03 AMPosted by Corwin
Also Traq'oul is mentioned in one of the stand alone diablo books (the one about the city of shadows) when the necro chick was praying to him to cast teeth. The necros also get their magick through his teachings-maybe from him so if he was not still around then necros could not cast.

I don't think they draw power from him, Mendeln/Kalan does things Trag'oul thought were impossible. If they were drawing power from him, he's have a general idea of what could be accomplished and not speechless when someone does something.
Reply Quote
Hes the fallen star! I heard one of the characters say they sensed some strange unknown magic about the hole and also undead stuff starts popping up! Kinda lame and predictable if it were tyrael like everyone else is saying.
Reply Quote
I don't think it's Tyrael, I would say it's Imperius.

That aside, Trag'Oul certainly isn't dead from the book standpoint.

And no he wasn't speechless about their ability to use it, he was speechless because it was something that even they couldn't do.

We can also gather this information in the respect that the type of magic the Necromancer's use is in line with how a mage/wizard uses magic. It is a discipline through knowledge, a principle in manipulating the forces that are at work in the universe. The difference is that the Necromancers primarily focus on magic that the Vizjerei would simply overlook and have little to no knowledge of.
Edited by Auspicious on 9/19/2011 9:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 03:05 PMPosted by PuppyPunter
Hes the fallen star! I heard one of the characters say they sensed some strange unknown magic about the hole and also undead stuff starts popping up! Kinda lame and predictable if it were tyrael like everyone else is saying.

That's just Boxer Brown saying it, he's posted it on multiple threads and even made one of his own It's either Tyrael is a Badguy, OR Tyrael= Diablo
Reply Quote
On a semi related note I imagine Trag'Oul looking like a Frost Wyrm from WarCraft III or World of WarCraft. And from Richard Knaak's Characterization He sounds like a Dragon Aspect, probably has the same Powers as a Dragon aspect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]