adj. stark·er, stark·est
1. Bare or blunt: "His language has become increasingly stark, to the point of sounding strident" (Robert Pear).
2. Complete or utter; extreme: stark poverty; a stark contrast.
3. Harsh; grim: "faced with that stark future" (Robert C. McFarlane). "[They] found it hard to accept such a stark portrait of unrelieved failure" (W. Bruce Lincoln).
starker, comparative; starkest, superlative
Severe or bare in appearance or outline
- the ridge formed a stark silhouette against the sky
Unpleasantly or sharply clear; impossible to avoid
- his position on civil rights is in stark contrast to that of his liberal opponent
- the stark reality of life for deprived minorities
- he came running back in stark terror
Stiff, rigid, or incapable of movement
- a human body lying stiff and stark by the stream
Physically strong or powerful
- the dragoons were stark fellows
Beat me to it, but mines still better.
The effect increases the area and damage of the spell. There could have been so many different, more fitting words to describe it.
Interpretation, however, is in the eye of the beholder. A player can look at that title, and immediately think of a Song of Ice and Fire (the actual title of the book series, GoT is just the first book). To them, it's a nod to the series.
The interpretation of the one who created the ability will never be known to us (unless he comes out and says it). It's possible that he had no intention of nodding to the series, but subconsciously his exposure to the book or show steered him towards that choice of name. There are other possibilities. However, none of that is truly relevant to the player, what's relevant is how the player interprets it.
09/12/2011 07:54 PMPosted by BottleThe effect increases the area and damage of the spell. There could have been so many different, more fitting words to describe it.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.