Diablo® III

HC: Stone of recall monster luring griefing?

With the now 20 seconds logout timer seen in beta streaming, I'm left wondering that even though PK will not be an option in D3, monster luring will still be with the stone of recall, since it creates a portal at the location you recalled. A clever player will remember that location (even though he cannot see the portal) and lure monsters to that location, to your big surprise when you come back, but then again you will have 1 pot and no save and exit bail out. What do you guys think about that case?

Mine is well, you chose to play hardcore, don't expect players to go soft on you ;)
Edited by Maddos on 9/12/2011 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The stone of recall only makes a portal for yourself, no one else will be able to see it.

To get to you they will need to click on your banner and get teleported to where you are, so if you are in town it will not work.
Reply Quote
I know that no one can see it, but a clever player will remember the location you recalled, that's what I'm trying to underline. Wouldn't that work?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well either way its a loss for him cause he lured 375984027548 monstesr to where your comming back and theres no time when you will be back so unless he sacrifices himself to kill you... O_O
Reply Quote
I'm not worried. When you take the portal, you'll likely come back at full health, geared up and ready to grind. Plus that monster will keep attacking whatever griefer brought it there.

I just don't see any AoE attacks being powerful enough to kill you at once without a chance to react.
Reply Quote
I suppose it could work, but every class has escape abilities. The load times in D3 appear to be quite amazing, especially compared to D2, so I don't think "load lag" will really be an issue here either.

Anyway it's impossible to design a game that stops ALL griefing. This is one of the reasons that pubbing in hardcore is extra dangerous :P
Reply Quote
I suppose it could work, but every class has escape abilities. The load times in D3 appear to be quite amazing, especially compared to D2, so I don't think "load lag" will really be an issue here either.

Anyway it's impossible to design a game that stops ALL griefing. This is one of the reasons that pubbing in hardcore is extra dangerous :P

Yeah I guess it would be foolish to lure them unless you can escape the monster lot yourself so they linger at the recalled location. I guess we'll have to see how monsters react to luring and escaping :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]