Diablo® III

If You Could Make One Change Before Release?

Hmmm. I haven't seen anything graphics wise or gameplay wise that I found really offputting.

I would probably add an unlockable ability to customize attributes at level 50, or at end of hell.
Reply Quote
Make it Hard to reach level 60 ... and release expansion asap that ups cap to lvl 70
Reply Quote
09/10/2011 07:51 PMPosted by Savior
More skill swaping restrictions.

Agreed , this is one thing that I really am annoyed about in the Beta thus far.
Reply Quote

I have a feeling that this is a bug that will be fixed in next patch.
Reply Quote
give the DH more dmg or make them skills cost less becuz im sick of waching them go OOH all the time and dieing to a pack of 15 that a barb just ko'ed in 5 sec flat

if they do manage to survive its 20 seconds later and 15 OOH messages

but this is beta and im shure this will be fixed
Reply Quote

I dont understand why people view this as an issue.. Help me to understand please... In torchlight you can map 10 skills and switch them out any time you want.. It doesnt stop the game from being fun and challenging at all..

I think by the time you open up 6 skill slots in D3 it wont matter.. people will not be swaping out skills left and right at that point. you will pretty much have the skills that you like..
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 05:54 AMPosted by Manakar

I dont understand why people view this as an issue.. Help me to understand please... In torchlight you can map 10 skills and switch them out any time you want.. It doesnt stop the game from being fun and challenging at all..

I think by the time you open up 6 skill slots in D3 it wont matter.. people will not be swaping out skills left and right at that point. you will pretty much have the skills that you like..

The problem is that it's going to result in people swapping in and out long cooldowns/auras/buffs and keeping short cd combat stuff on their bars mostly.

Intuitively not a bad thing - but when you think about it it's going to be very clunky to do and I would hate to see classes end up balanced around it. Either allow infinite binds, or go back to skill-switching only in town and balance things around that.
Reply Quote
But by the time you have 6 skills up I doubt you will care that one of them is one a CD enough to try and swap it out....
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 06:05 AMPosted by Manakar
But by the time you have 6 skills up I doubt you will care that one of them is one a CD enough to try and swap it out....

EDIT : Can't brain tonight, I have the dumb. Was just informed that buffs vanish if you swap out of them. But still, I believe my point stands.

But the min-maxers *will*, especially for things like the super long cd T6's or healing spells (we already saw this happen in Beta). For example, lets say my DH binds:

Smoke Bomb
Rapid Fire
Spike Trap
Vault
Impale
Hungering Arrow

Now this is a valid sounding build. However, another one would be:

Smoke Bomb
<Long cooldown>
Shadow power (black tentacly buff thing)
Familiar
Rapid Fire
Impale

Both nicely different.

But...there is no reason to bind the long cooldown, familiar or Shadow Power if you are willing to fiddle around with hotswitching, meaning I lean towards the first build. This takes a bit of the variety out of things and allows me to play what is likely a stronger build than indended, albeit being clunky as hell.

This also means that Blizzard will need to balance around this, forcing me to play this clunky style - or leave it untouched, in which case this build becomes potentially stronger than others.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing exactly. I'm just saying that it will allow people to negate the 6 skill limit, but in a very clunky way. If Blizzard wants to let people do this, just allow unlimited keyboard bindings D2 style (instantly swap out mouse skills). But it's simpler to just do what was initially (as far as I know intended) and limit skill swapping to towns.
Edited by Starbird on 9/11/2011 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I was watching a stream last night and buffs do not stay on if you swap the skill out.. So swaping buffs wont work.. And I dont think people will switch out things like frost nova when surrounded by mobs or in pvp.. Not when you have 5 other skills to keep doing dmg or whatever..
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 06:28 AMPosted by Manakar
Well I was watching a stream last night and buffs do not stay on if you swap the skill out.. So swaping buffs wont work.. And I dont think people will switch out things like frost nova when surrounded by mobs or in pvp.. Not when you have 5 other skills to keep doing dmg or whatever..

Ah...now this is good to know :)
Reply Quote

But Torchlight also has a skill tree, that's where the skill choice comes into play. In D3 you are given every skill, in time we will have them all runed. Taking away skill restrictions removes an RPG element that a lot of us like. I have no complaints about the rune system and what I assume will be great character customization through gear but I would still like the added charqacter identity that skill choice provides. I'm not talking about permanent selection either as I didn't like D2's unforgiving system. I just want some restriction so that we aren't able to, or at least won't want to have a different build every week.

If You Could Make One Change Before Release?

No rmah isn't going to happen so I'll have to say a tie between some skill restriction and a higher character limit (20 would be nice).
Reply Quote
ez add off-line SP mode back so u dont have to have an internet connection to play by ur self doing this will req all toon/save game info to be saved on-site if this is done i will buy diablo 3

if not ill just buy other games like grim dawn, path of exile, torchlight 2, skyrim, risen 2 dark waters, and guildwars 2
Edited by Robert on 9/11/2011 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ability to map mouse buttons to any keyboard keys just like 5 skill slots can be (and any of the other optional settings that could improve game controls)
Reply Quote
Offline single player or at least the announcement of the Offline Edition (TBR in 2012?)...
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 03:00 AMPosted by Sorrow

Agreed , this is one thing that I really am annoyed about in the Beta thus far.

Would making it only doable in town be enough for you? Or were you thinking an item would be required as well?

09/10/2011 07:04 PMPosted by NinjaPeppers
Make the Which Doctors Mana decal "Mojo" or "Voodoo" and re-skin it bubbling green.

I like this one.

Personally, I would like to see the graphics made better. Not that they look as awful as I originally thought they would, the entire game just doesn't look that impressive.
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Blazur
Players get the chance to upgrade any rune in their possession after every 5th level gained beyond level 30.

Blaz, that's GENIOUS!

Takes care of the level deadzone, acts as a soft restriction to skill swapping, addas back some of the customization lost from skill points, but since you can swap runes around, you can still salvage a build that isn't working out. And it keeps the free skill swapping that some people seem to like.

So if not that, then anything to restrict skill swapping and bring actual character builds back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]