Diablo® III

If You Could Make One Change Before Release?

100 Gnome Mage
Make spells into light sources. It's stupid that D2 spells were light sources and D3 spells aren't.
Reply Quote
I'd add a LAN option, and increase the player cap. Back in the day we'd get 6 people drunk (well, "back in the day" we'd get whoever was old enough to be drunk, drunk) and all make fresh hardcore characters, then blow through acts as fast and as recklessly as we could until all of us had died. We had a corner of shame for those that died first

edit - if we got to act 2 and the game had filled the desert with scarab beetles instead of birds and cougar people, it was generally accepted that we were going to die
Edited by MelonPan on 9/11/2011 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not sure if this feature is in the game, but....

No Vote to Kick.

and of course Offline Mode.
Reply Quote
Would making it only doable in town be enough for you? Or were you thinking an item would be required as well?

Just doing it in town is a good idea - but another gold sink is not bad either. Actually, a small upward scaling fee sounds rather good!

Make spells into light sources. It's stupid that D2 spells were light sources and D3 spells aren't.

In a word...

YEEEEEEEESSSSS! Sadly too late.

Players get the chance to upgrade any rune in their possession after every 5th level gained beyond level 30

Blaz, this is a bloody good idea.

No Vote to Kick.

Why?
Reply Quote
The pistol crossbow noise.

I love the dual crossbow hunter, but I am not sure if I can play for hours with that noise :(.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
I would change the menu icons on the interface. I'm not digging the oval shapes, it seems to go against everything else in the UI.

Small nitpick, I know...but I am pretty happy with D3 otherwise.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Game looks amazing and overall I'm very pleased with it, but I wouldn't mind seeing more pvp options in the game than just arena. Not necessarily hostile, but more pvp game modes I guess.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 05:55 AMPosted by Avelles
Game looks amazing and overall I'm very pleased with it, but I wouldn't mind seeing more pvp options in the game than just arena. Not necessarily hostile, but more pvp game modes I guess.

If the datamined stuff (which I hesitate to discuss here) is true...you may just be a very, very happy belfette ^_^.
Reply Quote
Allow the resource color to be toggled back to Mana.
Reply Quote
I would change the release date to tomorrow.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/12/2011 05:58 AMPosted by Starbird

If the datamined stuff (which I hesitate to discuss here) is true...you may just be a very, very happy belfette ^_^.

I saw some of the datamined stuff and I kind of had that in mind when I posted. I don't know if Blizzard is trolling or not though. Either way, the arena footage I saw from Blizzcon looked amazing so really looking forward to that.

I really can't say enough good things about the game though. Watching some of the F&F footage just makes me yearn for the game even more. I think the only other thing I'd change about the game at this point is the release date. :P
Reply Quote
Make the game hardcore only.
Reply Quote
Magic Find REMOVED.

Instead, you simply find better items the higher level you are. Pretty simple concept. That way, you can focus on the action and the items instead of weak action and crappy items with high MF.
Reply Quote
having to sacrifice to find better items was always one of my fav things about d2
Reply Quote
Adding offline single-player mode.
Reply Quote
Can the retarded skill/stat system as it stands. We don't need to cater to masses of newbs/whiners who don't know how to make a character. There are other measures to prevent QQ from bad desicsions. Add "Undo" button on skillz/stats usable until window is closed, to allow for some exploring/comparisons. Add limited use, exponentially increasing gold cost skill reclaiming. I get these from Titan Quest. Other good things are a more dynamic skill tree, with skillz having various amounts of points to put into, and need to put points into the class, which adds health/mana/stats, and unlocks higher tiers of skills. This is just an idea I like, main thing I would like is get rid of cookie cutter easy mode, no thinking at all auto skill system.
Reply Quote
Change the sound of Fan of Knives from the demon hunter. It's annoying as hell itself.

What? Don't your kitchen knives make a huge WHAM-KERCHUNK! sound when you throw them a few centimeters?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]