Diablo® III

Crafting Thus Far

Artisans are account wide. To advance to the next tier takes 5 trains.

1 Tome of Training is made from combining 5 Page of Training.

Total to advance to Tier 2 (Journeyman):
5 Tome of Training, 30 Common Scrap, 2750 Gold

Total to advance to Tier 3 (Adept):
5 Tome of Training, 30 Common Scrap, 5500 Gold

Total to advance to Tier 4 (Master):
5 Tome of Training, 30 Common Scrap, 11500 Gold

Total to advance to Tier 5 (Grandmaster):
5 Tome of Training, 20 Common Scrap, 10 Assorted Fragment, 25500 Gold.

(It is impossible to advance to Tier 5 at this point in beta, as the Assorted Fragment is a Nightmare Difficulty Drop.)

Magic Items are made from (Common Scraps/Subtle Essence/Gold)
Rare Items are made from (Common Scraps/Subtle Essence/Fallen Tooth/Gold)

Common Scrap generally comes from disenchanting Common Items, or are frequent drops.
Subtle Essence generally comes from disenchanting a Magic Item, (tho occasionally from a Common)
Fallen Tooth generally comes from disenchanting a Rare Item, (tho occasionally from a Magic)
Disenchanting Griswold's Edge (Legendary) returns a Petrified Bark, which has no known use yet.

1:
Apprentice Leather Hood:
Apprentice Leather Doublet:

2:
Apprentice War Axe:
Apprentice Leather Mantle:

3:
Apprentice Heater Shield:
Apprentice Light Hand Crossbow:

4:
Apprentice Quiver:
Apprentice Hide Breeches:

5:
Journeyman Heavy Axe:
Journeyman Bindings:
Journeyman Heavy Boots:
Journeyman Large Shield:
Journeyman Steel Wand:

6:
Journeyman Chain Leggings:
Journeyman Carver:

7:
Journeyman Leather Quiver:
Journeyman Spade:

8:
Journeyman Chain Gloves (Rare):
Journeyman Spell Book (Rare):

9:
Journeyman Executioner Sword (Rare):
Journeyman Slinglock (Rare):

10:
Adept Hunting Bow:
Adept Maul:
Adept Battle Axe:
Adept Split Curiass:
Adept Sabatons:

11:
Adept Hammer:
Adept Talon:

12:
Adept Enchanter Wand:
Adept Gothic Shield:

13:
Adept Binding Rope (Rare):
Adept Nodach (Rare)i:

14:
Adept Poignard (Rare):
Adept Spaulders (Rare):

15:
Master Greaves:
Master Great Axe:
Master Plated Gauntlets:
Master Porcupine:
Master Bastard Sword:

16:
Master Viper:
Master Mail hands:

17:
Master Grim Wand (Rare):
Master Chain Belt (Rare):

18:
Master Assassin Quiver (Rare):
Master Plate Mail (Rare):

19:
Master Shoulder Plates (Rare):
Master Soldier Axe (Rare):

20:
Grandmaster Bludgeon:
Grandmaster Jagged Dagger:
Grandmaster Leg Wraps:
Grandmaster Crown:
Grandmaster Rondache:

These images were produced from my screenshots by
Kargos of Uldum, a big thanks to them for cutting out the important bits
and making the important data easy to see.

Images for all of the items can be seen at
http://199.68.196.83/D3/
Please don't link to these images.

This information is clearly subject to changes...

The level requirement listed is a minimum value.
You could craft a Level 8 Required item, and have it produce something which requires level 20. This is "working as intended" but hopefully with feedback we can get something more clear.
Edited by Spiffytastic on 9/19/2011 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the info! I've been compiling all the Blacksmith info I could find here: http://www.diablo3professions.com/diablo-3-crafting-profession-blacksmithing/

See if I missed anything. Some things I found that weren't mentioned on these forums yet are the difficulty specific crafting materials all the way up to Inferno and the 10 artisan ranks.
Reply Quote
Frankly, I don't care for your site much... in that you're listing stuff blatantly data mined, and other stuff which is in general way out of date :p

It's sites like yours which make me want to not bother to add in all the components and other info to this post.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
That's fine that you don't agree with it, and I respect your honesty. However there are a lot of players that would like to know about this stuff that don't have access to the beta. You can tell by all the question thread started in the crafting forums. Also I don't see what is out of date aside from an old salvaging screenshot that has been updated.
Reply Quote

I'm grateful because I couldn't find a stream or anything that had this info. thanks so much
Reply Quote
Thanks Spiffy. That's definitely interesting - I'm betting the Petrified Bark from Griswold's is probably just another crafting mat for higher levels. Scrap legendaries to make a legendary, perhaps?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info!

Question for you Spiffy:

If you level an artisan, then delete all of your characters, then start a new character, do you maintain the progress you had, or is the smith reset?

Another permutation, less severe:
Level an artisan somewhat, create new character (has not rescued artisan yet), delete old character, is the artisan progress still saved when the artisan is finally unlocked?

I am curious how exactly the progress is saved -- attached to the account, or really attached to the highest level character in your account.
Reply Quote
If you level an artisan, then delete all of your characters, then start a new character, do you maintain the progress you had, or is the smith reset?

I would wager progression is attached to the account.
I'm not at the point that I want to test any of these scenarios yet.
If they announce a pending character wipe I'll test the possibilities before and after.
Reply Quote
Soon.
Edited by Spiffytastic on 9/15/2011 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Updates coming "soon".
Edited by Spiffytastic on 9/14/2011 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks cool, can't wait to see more info on this.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 01:50 PMPosted by defenestrato

I'm really interested in the answer to this. I promise that if I get a beta invite, the first things I'll do will be to: (1) create a character, (2) level to the point where I unlock the Blacksmith, (3) advance his training the first (1/5) step towards Tier 2, and (4) delete that character. Then I'll create a new character, go through step 2, and see if the Blacksmith retains that prior training.
Reply Quote
Petrified Bark(PB) may have the ability to reroll modifiers with higher ones?

PB may have the ability to increase the ilvl to the next tier?

PB may add some specific modifiers, like 50-100 cold/lightning/poison/fire dmg?

PB may add max sockets or extra sockets to rares?

I don't think they will make it so we can craft legendaries, but this is purely conjecture on my part. I think the Diablo team enjoys having those unique/legendary items for a reason, while giving us the ability and option to attempt to craft better, higher rares and/or special additions to current items with sockets or special mods.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Not really interested in discussing guesses or ideas as to what stuff you would like to see, but you could post your own thread if you want to discuss what you think the crafting system should be. Similarly, I won't be discussing data mined stuff here.

About the only thing I meant left to discuss here was the exact stats on every item. But, I"m still waiting on stuff back.

The whole thought of progression not being tied to your account seems very unlikely. It's a minor issue that you can simply solve by not deleting all your characters. I'm sure someone has tested it, and found it not to be an issue thus didn't find a reason to post "hey this works as you would expect" :) At some point it will get tested, but it's not worth deleting all characters right now.
Reply Quote
The whole thought of progression not being tied to your account seems very unlikely. It's a minor issue that you can simply solve by not deleting all your characters. I'm sure someone has tested it, and found it not to be an issue thus didn't find a reason to post "hey this works as you would expect" :) At some point it will get tested, but it's not worth deleting all characters right now.

You can't actually delete all of your characters, anyway - when you get to the last one, you get a message that you cannot delete your active character and thus, after creating the first, you must always maintain at least 1 on the account.

Jem
Reply Quote
Ok well that answers that :) Thanks.
Reply Quote
These images were produced from my screenshots by
Kargos of Uldum, a big thanks to them for cutting out the important bits
and making the important data easy to see.

Images for all of the items can be seen at
http://199.68.196.83/D3/
Please don't link to these images.

This information is clearly subject to changes...

The level requirement listed is a minimum value.
You could craft a Level 8 Required item, and have it produce something which requires level 20. This is "working as intended" but hopefully with feedback we can get something more clear.
Edited by Spiffytastic on 9/16/2011 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you both for taking the time to get those screens. Another beta tester in another thread created a spreadsheet with similar info as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlixRHb8BuWzdGwwSUFmYlhKMmhvTUFsdTJSLUVpaEE&hl=en_US#gid=0
Reply Quote
Spiffy do you have stats on the Grandmaster stuff?
Reply Quote
Not possible to make...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]