Diablo® III

Auto stat point allocation = very unpopular

Customization has always been a staple in blizzard games, going back to the days of rock and roll racing, which just makes the move by blizzard to auto allocate stat points and skill points in Diablo 3, all the more perplexing.

I'm not sure whose idea it was at blizzard to do this, but regardless, Blizzard, you should understand that the move was very unpopular and to do the right thing and change it back.

Let us choose where our stats and skill points go. If you're concerned people will screw up their characters, than give them the ability to respec (for a price of course)

Part of what makes blizzard one of the best companies in the world, is it's ability to listen to it's fan base. Well Blizzard, are you listening?
Edited by Evade on 9/12/2011 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Use an existing thread.
Reply Quote
I am glad I do not have to deal with stats. :)
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Ookie
I am glad I do not have to deal with stats. :)

Probably one of the best decisions they made.
Reply Quote
Sorry don't buy it, allocating stats was fine, but doubt many people will lose sleep over not having the power to do it.
Reply Quote
I didn't like it at first however, upon further review they touched the plate.
Reply Quote
Your thread title is actually incorrect. Auto stat allocation is quite popular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTVMqtmxPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKvxab1kBk&feature=relmfu

Watch both of these, then please return to this thread and apologize for doubting the game developers.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 07:29 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
Use an existing thread.
Reply Quote
The thing is...everybody allocated their stats into Cookie Cutter builds.

I don't really see a difference.
Reply Quote
The thing is...everybody allocated their stats into Cookie Cutter builds.

I don't really see a difference.

I don't really care that they instituted auto-stats, but I did like in D2 that for HC I could give my characters a little more of a cushion in the Health area.

I have a feeling Hardcore is really going to be rough... especially right out of the gate!
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP... Surely there is no harm in having stats AS WELL ??

If you want it auto allocated, couldn't there just be a simple tickbox option to say 'auto allocate stats'?

If you think having just this skill system will stop cookie cutters, you'd be wrong.. eventually people will work out what works best with a given character and people will copy it...

I myself have never even bothered to look for what someone else decided was the best build.. i just try it and see how it goes for myself.. to use someone elses build defeats the purpose to me..

and you can respec in d2 anyway, so even if you failed you can change it once a difficulty... whats the big deal in having MORE options?

People complain that people only put stat points on to gain use of particular items etc, so remove the stat requirements for items?.. simple.. leave level requirements on, but leave us with the ability to FURTHER diversify our characters, by giving a little more dexterity, or strength, mana, life etc etc (at the cost of other stats) to our builds.. can you not see how this might be a good thing for stopping everyone having the same barbarian rolling around?

I don't get why people DONT want the option to have BOTH options? manual or auto ... what is wrong with that?
Edited by disenter on 9/12/2011 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Your thread title is actually incorrect. Auto stat allocation is quite popular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTVMqtmxPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKvxab1kBk&feature=relmfu

Watch both of these, then please return to this thread and apologize for doubting the game developers.

I watched them

I would like to apologize for doubting the game developers.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 07:43 PMPosted by Klavdiya
I don't get why people DONT want the option to have BOTH options? manual or auto ... what is wrong with that?

I don't feel like doing public games with Wizards who dumped everything into STR so they can melee and feel like a special little flower.

You don't have to... and i really doubt it would turn a wizard into being able to go toe to toe in melee against a barbarian, much as putting everything into mana for a barbarian wouldn't cause him/her to suddenly sprout lightning from his/her fingertips...

the point is, it would help keep each persons build a little different.
Reply Quote

If you think having just this skill system will stop cookie cutters, you'd be wrong.. eventually people will work out what works best with a given character and people will copy it...

If multiple builds with different skills are viable your arguement gets thrown out the window. Thats basically what there aiming for in Diablo III. Will there be cookie cutters? Sure. Will they be the only viable build? No.

If a build of different skills is just as effective in a situation as the cookie cutter is, youd be wrong. The point the diablo III developers are trying to make is to cause people to question there builds. With 1.6 trillion rune combination's, your basically talking about tons of viable builds.
Edited by ACPRO on 9/12/2011 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Auto stat point allocation = very unpopular

It's pretty popular with me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]