Diablo® III

Items' icons

Hi there!
Looking at some footage and screenshots of diablo 3 while I'm waiting to get my beta invitation (fingers crossed), I just realized that it looks like the items' icon have nothing to do with the actual item when wearing it...

In d2, that was normal, but I have to say I expected this to change in d3.
Example...
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/screenhunter01o.jpg/

What do you guys think?
Edited by VonHardy on 9/12/2011 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Im 50/50 on that. For generic gear it does not matter. For uber epic stuff from inferno you would hope that is the case.
Reply Quote
You're looking at an extremely dated screenshot. The current UI is way different than this.

It's likely that at that time in development, the art team wasn't done drawing every icon for every item yet, and there were many placeholders.
Reply Quote
That's the 2008 paperdoll from the announcement.
Reply Quote
You're looking at an extremely dated screenshot. The current UI is way different than this.

It's likely that at that time in development, the art team wasn't done drawing every icon for every item yet, and there were many placeholders.

Oh you're right !!I didn't noticed, I just typed in character UI screenshot and that screenshot poped, didn't realize it was so outdated...
I'm trying to find screenshots of a char inventory (with new UI) to see if the icons are more "customized" now...anyone has a link?

Edited by VonHardy on 9/12/2011 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh nvm...I just remembered the videos from blizzcon !!

starting 4:40 for anyone interested !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8S3GGLX-Fs#t=4m40
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]