Diablo® III

Bogus email re: Diablo 3 beta testing

I got this in the mail and am sure it’s a bogus possible threat .. you may want to warn your customers:

====

Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 6:32 AM
Subject: Diablo III beta test invitation!

Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We’re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary’s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:
* Battle.account name:
* Password:
* E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You may want to e-mail that to hacks@blizzard.com

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=30828
Reply Quote
Why do people post these? We have all seen it a million times already. Does anyone care?

NO.
Reply Quote
I just signed up (opted in) for the beta on Blizzard's website, using my authenticator and everything. I ran the system check as well.

Not more than 2 minutes after I did that, I received this exact same message in my gmail inbox (not spam box).

Hmmmmmmmm
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Many of the fake emails pass through the junk filter this isn't new.
Reply Quote
Why do people keep posting these? This isn't the forum too and nobody cares. If it's not real don't post !@#$.
Reply Quote
All of these threads should be removed and if anyone posts one it should be a 24H temp ban. This is effing retarded! Just report it to blizz the PROPER WAY and leave it at that. FFS.

/endrant
Reply Quote
My point is that I received the email IMMEDIATELY after opting in.

But you guys don't care, you're too busy standing on your soap boxes and looking down your noses.

/screwyourrant
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Would you idiots stop trolling about your fake beta emails, really.
Reply Quote
My point is that I received the email IMMEDIATELY after opting in.

But you guys don't care, you're too busy standing on your soap boxes and looking down your noses.

/screwyourrant

Your point has no point. Blizz will never ask for your password. NEVER! They have it already. Thus, I still stand by my point. and if you wanna replay to it, go a head. JUST STOP POSTING THEM HERE!

/owned
Reply Quote
I can tell some of you guys work loss prevention somewhere.

Angry much? lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]