Diablo® III

Hardware question - The Mouse

I have several multi-button mice. The steal series cataclysm mouse included.

I was curious as to the support for more than a two button mouse. Can skills be binded to the additional buttons.

I welcome any feedback from the existing beta testers.

Thanks
J.
Reply Quote
*Bound

And probably not. Just a guess.
Reply Quote
Perhaps im indirectly answering my own question... or this is custom customization.

http://steelseries.com/us/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse#specifications

(says remap all 7 buttons to skills)
Reply Quote
Probably from within the mouse software..
Reply Quote
Probably yes. I would be surprised if they don't let you use your thumb buttons as keybinds for your hotbar.
Reply Quote
Just from poking around the launcher, it looks like it will allow mousebinds.

Even if not, most advanced mouse softwares allow you to bind keystrokes to buttons, so you could get around it that way.

Also; Don't expect that Steelseries to last you beyond Act II. They have the worst mechanical reliability rating of any major manufacturer. Diablo's frenetic clicking will annihilate that mouse in nothing flat.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the replies and contributions to the discussion.

I was actually surprised that i had not seen this asked yet.

I hope you all get early beta access!

Reply Quote
I've never had much luck with a mouse with more than the "normal" number of buttons. I usually have to resort to Setpoint macros for the buttons that aren't recognized by the games themselves. No biggie though.

Not sure what kind of software Steelseries mice use, but I would hope it supports something like that for all your "extra" buttons.
Reply Quote

I was curious as to the support for more than a two button mouse. Can skills be binded to the additional buttons.

I just got home and was able to fiddle with it a little further.

The game, natively, will recognize Mouse 1 - 5 & MWheelUp & Down.

Anything beyond that and you'll be relying on your hardware's application.
Reply Quote
I just realized that I can do that with my mouse. I have 6 buttons total, 7 if you count the mouse wheel.

That's handy for me because I despise skill bars.
Reply Quote
sweet thanks Wulf and ThorlsHere for the confirmations!

Now go play the beta and kick some hellspawn butt!

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]