Diablo® III

Red Outlines

86 Undead Warlock
I know there have been posts on this, but it seems that the beta has no option to toggle on/off the red outlines that highlight monsters which are moused over (and the white line highlight on bookshelves etc, though those are less intrusive).

I really hope there will be an option in the full version of the game. A simple white-light highlight similar to the one in diablo 2 would be preferable, at least to me, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same. The red outline really draws the attention to the monster, which is what it's meant for, but it also detracts from monster art and spell effects, and also stands out enough from the environment to look intensely artificial.

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
I don't find it detracts from my experience at all, but for the sake of matters like these where opinions are divided as such and it wouldn't have a negative effect on anyone, I do think it's too bad it's not an option to turn it off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]