Diablo® III

Rune Levels

85 Dwarf Priest
Can someone please explain this to me? I understand there are 7 levels of runestones with 5 different types of runes. Does each level just increase the "power" "affect" etc or does each level offer other affects? Sorry a bit confused on that part. Thanks for any help in advance !
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
09/12/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Wigetdamiget
Can someone please explain this to me? I understand there are 7 levels of runestones with 5 different types of runes. Does each level just increase the "power" "affect" etc or does each level offer other affects? Sorry a bit confused on that part. Thanks for any help in advance !

Each rune affects a skill in a different way. So you have a potential of 7 different ways of using the same skill.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Wigetdamiget

Yea, so each rune will give a differant effect, So each skill can be changed 5 different ways. And the levels of the runestones (i believe) 'Scale' depending on the level, similar to how gems were chipped/regular/perfect ect.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 07:32 PMPosted by Diablokon
Each rune affects a skill in a different way. So you have a potential of 7 different ways of using the same skill.

But there are only 5 runestones per skill...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest

Yea, so each rune will give a differant effect, So each skill can be changed 5 different ways. And the levels of the runestones (i believe) 'Scale' depending on the level, similar to how gems were chipped/regular/perfect ect.

Figured so .. was kind of hoping each level would offer a different and better affect ... so basically giving 35 different options/variations for each skill .... I imagine it wouldn't be a easy task to do that however but would be pretty sweet. Thanks for the clarification
Edited by Wigetdamiget on 9/12/2011 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Orc Hunter
09/12/2011 07:32 PMPosted by Diablokon

bit confused by this answer.

the way it works is:

each of your 5 runes does something to change the skill somehow..obviously you can now read all the changes each one does.

each rune color has 7 levels (ex alabaster level 1-7), and the effect scales over these levels, with level 7 being the highest. so if your rune decreases resource cost, it will decrease it a little at level 1, and a lot at level 7. But a level 1 alabaster rune and level 7 alabaster rune do the overall same effect..in my example, lowering resource cost.

hope this helps
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
09/12/2011 07:39 PMPosted by TiTaN

But there are only 5 runestones per skill...

I think he meant 5 ways of using a skill with 7 levels of "power"
Reply Quote
Hmm will there be magic and rare runes offering additional stats i.e. +10 mana?

That would rock.

Edit: spelling. I'm tired. =)
Edited by Dookie on 9/12/2011 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]