Diablo® III

Good second hero to compliment demon hunter.

What second hero would you guys suggest to compliment the demon hunter into combat? and why?

My personal choice is the Wizard because of how awesome it would be to deal with a boss by standing on either side and rapidly firing off shots and lasers to burn him down or melting an entire army away in a badass choke point with lasers and traps. Plus the whole idea of going into the area with someone who can teleport while you're rocking your vault sounds like it would be horrendous to deal with in battle.
Reply Quote
Witch Dr. for crowd control and debuffs, DH to pick them off :D
Reply Quote
I would lean more towards the barbarian or the Templar sidekick because of the up-close nature of those classes vs the ranged nature of yours
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 character building seems open ended. You'll be able to find a way to make any combo work.
Reply Quote
Witch Doctor.. definetely... summoned creatures would keep enemies distracted while both chars kill them
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 character building seems open ended. You'll be able to find a way to make any combo work.

That's the point, any class combination CAN work, but I want to hear which ones you guys would rather play around with (More or less to bully my friends into playing one of them and given them reasons why they have to see it my way)
Reply Quote
since me going to be a dh player once the game comes out. id would like to team up with the barb or the witch doctor and for the helper. templar would be my main helper. only because he can cast heal. =)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Barb for meat shielding.
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 06:21 PMPosted by StonedPuppy

That's the point, any class combination CAN work, but I want to hear which ones you guys would rather play around with (More or less to bully my friends into playing one of them and given them reasons why they have to see it my way)

But, you see, his point was that any combination will likely work very well so why not let your friend play whatever the hell he wants?
Reply Quote
09/07/2011 07:08 PMPosted by stegatops
But, you see, his point was that any combination will likely work very well so why not let your friend play whatever the hell he wants?

Because how would I get any satisfaction out of that? Rofl, either way the purpose is more for my own enjoyment than not. I don't have a single friend playing I have more than enough wanting the game that I'm sure I'll have at least one of each class on my friends list before my character is made, the point of the thread is to get you thinking about your beloved demon hunter and who you'd love to crush demons with.
Reply Quote
All the other four classes accomplish pretty much the same thing in different ways: they tie up the enemies for you to mow down. Barbs and Monks (kinda) tank them, Witch Doctors slow them or occupy them with their pets, and Wizards can slow/control and help with the mowing. If I had to pick one I think would be the best partner, I'd say Witch Doctors with the understanding that I think all of the other classes are a teeny, tiny baby step behind.
Edited by stegatops on 9/7/2011 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My buddy and I ran with a witch doctor and a demon hunter. Amazing. He'd tank them with his dogs and poison zombie in a narrow spot, I'd drop bombs and the chakram for total destruction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]