Diablo® III

Take your time or rush through?

Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)
Reply Quote
First time through slowly in private game to savour the story... after that we'll see if I can suppress my misanthropic tendencies and play Public Games.
Edited by MortQ on 9/5/2011 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Never thought I would say this, but I will probably tear through right away. The first people to Inferno are going to make a killing at the RMAH. Once tons of people are there, prices will stabilize, but the first trickles of Inferno loot will be very lucrative methinks.

I wouldn't mind being in that first wave. Even if it doesn't make me a ton of money, it would be a cool feeling to be amongst that first group of people ripping it up in Inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I will be taking my time to enjoy the world that Blizz has created for D3.

The kids though will no doubt rush to finish it 3 times to play inferno.
Reply Quote
I will play the hell out of this game upon release, so rushing isn't needed. I will watch every cinematic, explore all areas, and do all quest until it becomes memorized. Besides, I like to get my money's worth and when rushing I feel like I'm really screwing myself over or missing out on something. Plus in a game like this, exploring and what not is not going to be much of a set back at all. Specially if your playing a lot.

Never thought I would say this, but I will probably tear through right away. The first people to Inferno are going to make a killing at the RMAH. Once tons of people are there, prices will stabilize, but the first trickles of Inferno loot will be very lucrative methinks.

My friends and myself most definitely think the same thing when it comes to the RMAH, so we expect to get there fairly quickly to possibly make some good money before things settle out.
Edited by gsnurr on 9/5/2011 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Probably rush. i don't really care about the lore
Reply Quote
I will play the hell out of this game upon release, so rushing isn't needed. I will watch every cinematic, explore all areas, and do all quest until it becomes memorized. Besides, I like to get my money's worth and when rushing I feel like I'm really screwing myself over or missing out on something. Plus in a game like this, exploring and what not is not going to be much of a set back at all. Specially if your playing a lot.

My friends and myself most definitely think the same thing when it comes to the RMAH, so we expect to get there fairly quickly to possibly make some good money before things settle out.

I think you guys/girls (whichever u may be) are missing an extremely important aspect to the RMAH. -Rarity- If you are rushing through to be the first to post inferno items on the RMAH, then chances are you don't know the true value of the item. This can mean either a good profit from a less-desired item, or an extreme loss due to quickly selling an item that you will later learn to be highly desired by the community - thus able to sell for much more than you might think.

^This

Also I will take my time and play through all five classes. If I desire a second character of the same class to play through again I may just run through as quickly as possible (Not rush)
Reply Quote
I think people who want to make $ on the RMAH will go through the game quickly to get to a game mode that has the "sweet spot" of items to sell. Even forming groups to farm items since grouping you will kill enemies faster hence more items respectively.
Edited by VienxInq on 9/5/2011 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I intend to enjoy and relax with this game. Trying to go through and see all the little details that will make this great game. Then the second time through I will... well do the same.
Reply Quote
why would anyone rush through right away? that defeats the hole purpose of waiting 10 years, to blow right through it?
Reply Quote
Too bad you haven't taken the same approach to the forums... There are other threads on this topic.
Reply Quote
Take my time to enjoy the story then play d3 like I played d2

rush to start gear farming
Reply Quote
09/05/2011 12:57 PMPosted by DVDA
I think you guys/girls (whichever u may be) are missing an extremely important aspect to the RMAH. -Rarity- If you are rushing through to be the first to post inferno items on the RMAH, then chances are you don't know the true value of the item. This can mean either a good profit from a less-desired item, or an extreme loss due to quickly selling an item that you will later learn to be highly desired by the community - thus able to sell for much more than you might think.

Oh absolutely. In a year we will be looking back like "I can't believe I sold such a piece of trash for $50!" or "I can't believe I sold that one of a kind item for $.50!!".

Also, I don't see how tearing through to make it to Inferno is cheating yourself out of the lore. Once I get to Inferno, I wont have anything to rush for anymore. I will play the game nice and slow and thorough-like then, when I know every fight gives me just as good of a chance at making a few bucks as any other.
Reply Quote
I'll take my time in Inferno :)
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Druid
think i might try to "rush" in HC at first. not rush to the point i get killed, try to play safe, but as fast as possible.

thinking that the best way to earn some RM early on would be by selling items for gold in HC AH, then selling that gold for RM with another char in the RMAH. or just re-investing the gold if it's not a big enough chunk of change to cash out for.

if you can be acquiring pretty high level gear in HC after a few weeks or a month, im predicting those items will sell for a high gold value early on. the HC AH will be considerably less flooded with gear, and i think HC players will be willing to invest in big purchases if it means keeping their level 48 HC char more survivable.

im very excited to play the "game"... however the AH has really piqued my interest and think i might plan my game-play strategy around effective AH exploits.

i realize that earning RM in D3 probably won't amount to anything worthwhile, but i think it would be exciting to give it a fair shot and see what happens. especially in the first few months where things are so unstable.
Reply Quote
take my time, enjoy the story, leave no stone unturned, no nook unexplored. Then probably do it again...
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
EP
I'm not going to force myself to read everything and look in every corner, but if I see something interesting I'm not going to avoid it because I'm in a rush.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]