Diablo® III

Take your time or rush through?

Community Manager
I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)
Edited by Zarhym on 9/6/2011 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's going to be difficult for me not to bolt through just to see the entire game, but I will do it.

I plan on exploring everything and killing every enemy I encounter.

Going to be an epic experience.
Reply Quote
I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)

To be honest.. I think we will naturally as well. If I want to rush to 60 and ignore everything and go go go.. then I started to slow down, read, explore... That is a sign of a damn good job on your end. :)

And if exploration has some nice rewards tied to it.. Im sure we all will be taking our time :)

Looking forward to it sooo much..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I loved D1 and D2 storylines and if D3 does the same thing you bet it will be hrs of lore and fun, so for me TAKE MY TIME THE FIRST TIME!
Reply Quote
will we be able to replay content in the beta with the same character?
Reply Quote
Explore and destroy!

When WoW was still in Stress Test all I did was explore. Swimming out to the Maelstrom and finding the end of the world :P Fatigue -- Jump -- Jump.
Edited by Kovex on 9/6/2011 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll definitely make sure to cover all ground, but I intend to do it as expediently as possible.
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Pele
will we be able to replay content in the beta with the same character?

i would imagine so
Reply Quote
I will explor every nook when the game is released. It is harder to do that when you play with others except if they are your friends but even then it could be .. stressful to want to stop and take pictures when others want to do a running swing with a mallet onto a zombiez head.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue

As long as they're made to be worth exploring... It didn't take long for me to figure out on my 2nd D2 character that the extra "dungeons" were not worth exploring. You get a little chest that drops a bunch of blues and potions at the end, no thanks. I'll take my chances with the end boss any day.

Please, prove me wrong with D3.
Reply Quote
Perhaps the first run through may be quick for the excitement will be a driving force pushing us along. Since we should be about lvl 30 at the end of Normal perhaps in Nightmare we will take our time with more spells and abilities opening up and customisation.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Exploring. Thank god this is a big deal in d3. It's something that was very unrewarding in d2.
Reply Quote
Shingan
"if you don't rush, johnny the chinese botter will beat you to the inferno loot and all the good prices on the RMAH :P"

Even though I think what you wrote is funny, I also think it is true. I want to explore every inch of the game, but I also would like a shot at making a splash on the RMAH. I guess you can't get the best of both worlds unless you get really lucky :)
Reply Quote
I definitely like to explore every little aspect of the game, enjoy and take in the story and just go to every dungeon and corner of the maps and try not to leave any stone unturned. In my opinion it's no fun rushing, especially playing it for the first time. What's the point anyways? I waited all this time to play the game and then buy it and just rush trough it? I don't get, but then again I might be to dense to understand that concept.
Anyways, I hope everybody will take time to explore and enjoy the game to the fullest :)
Reply Quote
When I played the StarCraft 2, I talked to each character after each mission. I clicked on everyone and everything. I went back and finished each campaign achievement. I watched every news cast (they were cheesy and I loved them). I imagine I will explore everything and talk to everyone in D3. I plan on taking my time to get through to the end of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]