Diablo® III

Take your time or rush through?

I'll definitely be exploring. There's always that extra chance of a rare from a chest, or encountering a champion of some sort.

Also interested to see what these random events are as well.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)

Meh hopefully they will make exploring more worth it in D3, Even tho I still cleared every board with my bro on D2 Despite the chest rewards sometimes...... ( Yay some blues, potions and more money that you cant even carry because your already at cap! ) Me and my bro cleared every single corner of D2 for two things more EXP and another for a chance at that elisive Gold, or some Green set items. But at the very least me and my bro take our time in our very first play through read every quest check every bit of Gossip and even payed attention to what our characters would say every once in a while.

EDIT: Fixed my all but improving grammar...
Edited by Morshar on 9/6/2011 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
09/06/2011 12:41 PMPosted by Demiwraith
When I played the StarCraft 2, I talked to each character after each mission. I clicked on everyone and everything. I went back and finished each campaign achievement. I watched every news cast (they were cheesy and I loved them). I imagine I will explore everything and talk to everyone in D3. I plan on taking my time to get through to the end of the game.

I did the same thing man! The ads where cheesy but in a very good way! Also that dang reported Donny Vermillion was a jerk... lol

Quotes:

Donny " Up next a Vermillion commentary, Refugees, are they really OUR responsibility? "

Raynor: " Your all heart Donny. "

EDIT: Decided to add one of his quotes here just to show that Donny Vermillion is " All Heart" :P
Edited by Morshar on 9/6/2011 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My goal is to play hardcore and reach max level in the shortest time.
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 12:04 PMPosted by Zarhym
I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

Absolute music to my ears.

I will be taking my time and thoroughly exploring everything and listening to every word every character has to say.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'll be going very slowly, making sure to kill everything that crosses my path, and I will explore every nook and cranny of the map. For my first playthrough at least. The way I figure it, there will be tons of people who play 72 hours straight, so shooting to be the first 60 is useless, and I love the Diablo games too much to blow by all it has to offer
Reply Quote
I intend to explore everything. Check the borders of the map and all between that I will. That'll be plenty of experience and loot and talking with people.

I almost want to do what a Japanese guy did at the Gamestop for SC2 release night where he said he hadn't watched any of the videos or the beta or anything about SC2 wanting to experience it all fresh and new. That would mean to pass up the D3 beta if it passed my way. In reality, I totally would play the beta, so no you can't has my beta. Besides, it would be bound to my account anyways.
Reply Quote
I will be taking my time. Enjoying the game and exploring every nook and cranny.
Reply Quote
I'm gonna play it through and through untill I get it all down then rush kinda but with each character. I wanna build up every single one.
Reply Quote
I will be one of the ones exploring every part of the map killing every single monster.
Reply Quote
All the beta content (game mechanics, characters, early world, early items, early skills, and strategies) will be explained all over internet fan-sites. I will learn all that to get the exact same head-start beta testers have.

I will take a week off for release date.

Using my gamerz contactz, I will install the game the day before release and log in at midnight on release date.

Rush my way up to inferno with my group of hardcore friends. Hopefully by the end of beta, we will know all the details of the best way to level up to 60.

Farm inferno until my eyes bleed the rest of the week.

Enjoy my e-fame a bit... A server first would be great but I don't believe I am still hardcore enough to do that.

Play casually until Diablo 4 and watch everyone be all proud when they hit 60.
Edited by Aracken on 9/6/2011 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am lucky to have friends that will take their time and enjoy the game with me. Im not worried about stopping to listen to townsfolk or exploring every corner because my friends will likely be doing the exact same thing.

I look forward to playing public games later, but I wont be doing it my first playthrough.

There is plenty of time for me to enjoy the game, and I dont want to ruin my experience by rushing through it and farming loot for the AH.
Edited by JigSmash on 9/6/2011 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've already planned it all out. I'm going to run a solo Barbarian that I will rarely (if ever take online). Then, I'll have a mutiplayer only Demon Hunter who I'll use to whoop people PVE style.

Reply Quote
I will be squeezing every possible second of gameplay *when* I get invited & when the game releases. What would be the point of rushing through? The fun is in the gameplay, not achieving max level. This is why I never understood why people would pay for pre-leveled characters, or "leveling services". Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the game itself? I would never have had fun with any of my WoW characters, if I hadn't personally made them max level. I have always been the type to go and talk to every NPC every so often to see if they have anything new to say and to not advance to the next level in an area until the map was cleared out. I remember playing D1 and getting my first windforce drop from some random small chest in the corner of the dungeon that I happened to miss my first time by. That's the coolest thing about the game. It's randomness. I am rambling. I sure hope this beta drops soon. *cough*
Reply Quote
Gotta explore it all. If you put a good amount of time into it enjoying yourself you'll have a much more satisfying gameplay. We're all shooting for the same goals: Inferno farm, Being Skilled, Killing the bosses, Getting the Loot, personal favorite Arenas.
Reply Quote
Blitz, asap, to Inferno.

Probably slow down a bit at the beginning of NM and Hell as I gear up a bit more.

anyone exploring for rare drops before inferno = LOL
Reply Quote
I really plan to take my time initially. There is a huge part of me that REALLY wants to get into the RMAH and sell a bunch of great gear and make some cash, but for the most part, I'm gonna freak out over lore in my initial play through.

Of course, once I've done that and seen the game, I'll hop into playing hardcore characters and the RMAH won't matter to me. :)
Reply Quote
First time playing through, I will more than likely rush through. I'm looking forward to the gameplay that D3 has shown to offer. Once the initial rush is over, I'll go back over it and check the story and side quests out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]