Diablo® III

Take your time or rush through?

I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)

I will definitely be searching every corner of each map. Thats just my play style
Reply Quote
When I play D2 I always map out entire areas before I move on and visit every room in dungeons just because I want to know how big it is and if I missed anything important. It also kinda takes away from the actual game if you just run in a straight line the whole time and not treat it like your actually interested in the atmosphere of the environments. I think Blizzard did a good job though with making the environments more interactive which I think will make more people want to go into a room that they think is unimportant to the actual quest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)

So you want us to..."Stay a while and listen"?
Reply Quote
I like to take time and build my char as i play, threw. considering every 1 of my chars as a twink, in any game. so ill be taken time off from doing dungeons and do some trading. The auction house ant everything...
Reply Quote
take time through normal--- enjoy it...then rush other modes
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Mage
I would love to explore your dungeons.
Reply Quote
I am going to explore every inch of every city. Kick every barrel and pummel every bookcase and monster. Craft everything, save every gem and activate multiple accounts to horde more loot space if I run out!!!
Reply Quote
I will probably rush through at first. I agree with most and think that a lot of the Inferno specific epics will probably sell for quite a bit at first. Some maybe under there true value, yes, but I still feel most people going to inferno fast to sell loot arnt going to go cheap on there items heh

My first character probably won't be my main. I usually like me second character to be primary as the first one I usually !@#$ up on or learn from my mistakes which carries over into a better new character later on but meh that's me. Either way, I'm going to have fun just like everyone else, whether it be racing to be among the first in inferno or taking my sweet old time :P
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Shingan
if you don't rush, johnny the chinese botter will beat you to the inferno loot and all the good prices on the RMAH :P

To be quite honest, I'd have 2 answers to this...

If I got in the Beta, I would probably rush to complete the quests and really play with the skills a lot. Then if I still got time, I'd probably just start another class and explore a lot more.

If I don't get picked for Beta, when I buy the game, I'll definitely take my time and go through it with a lot of curiosity.

I still remember when we saw the Barbarian gameplay footage (first big reveal) and he was on that passage with the fountains and all zombies climbing up. I was amazed at how much it felt like Diablo, dark, creepy, yet so detailed.

There is just so much attention to detail from the artists on this game that even though some will arguably say that the graphics are not up to par compared to some other eye candy games, I know I will have a perma-smile on my face for, oh, say about the first 40 hours of gameplay...

So... there ya go ;)
Reply Quote
I will do the same as i have with all D1 and D2. Explore the whole world. Ever nook and kranny. After all this is a game about lotting the more you look around the better stuff you will get.
Reply Quote
Never thought I would say this, but I will probably tear through right away. The first people to Inferno are going to make a killing at the RMAH. Once tons of people are there, prices will stabilize, but the first trickles of Inferno loot will be very lucrative methinks.

I wouldn't mind being in that first wave. Even if it doesn't make me a ton of money, it would be a cool feeling to be amongst that first group of people ripping it up in Inferno.

As much as I would love to be one of those people, I just don't have the desire to pump 48 consecutive hours into the game exactly at release. Plus, it ruins the game experience for the next times through; you already know whats around the next corner, so what's the point of reading the story anymore? I'm gonna be exploring everything, as will my friends. not that we're big lore people, but finding those hidden stashes just feels amazing
Reply Quote
I'll be taking my time since rushing through will only mean I'm on the forums complaining about how XYZ ZYX is.
Reply Quote
Never thought I would say this, but I will probably tear through right away. The first people to Inferno are going to make a killing at the RMAH. Once tons of people are there, prices will stabilize, but the first trickles of Inferno loot will be very lucrative methinks.

I wouldn't mind being in that first wave. Even if it doesn't make me a ton of money, it would be a cool feeling to be amongst that first group of people ripping it up in Inferno.

As much as I would love to be one of those people, I just don't have the desire to pump 48 consecutive hours into the game exactly at release. Plus, it ruins the game experience for the next times through; you already know whats around the next corner, so what's the point of reading the story anymore? I'm gonna be exploring everything, as will my friends. not that we're big lore people, but finding those hidden stashes just feels amazing

Can't wait to see the mindless flock to the RMAH and piss away cash . . . a fool and his money. . . I mean, "STOP GRIEFING MY ALT YOU'RE SO EPIX YOU JERK!"
Reply Quote
I loved wandering through dungeons in Diablo 2, I thoroughly expect to keep doing the same in Diablo III. Doing Baal runs over and over prompted instant burnout for me, drop rate or no. I'd much rather play the game through and clear off the entire map than hit the same boss over and over.
Reply Quote
Definitely gotta rush through at fast as possible to get as many good items as possible before the RMAH gets flooded with good items and devalues my good items. j/k ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I can't wait for the stress of feeling maybe I missed a corner on this tip of the map, I better go back and check just to make sure, "was that a flicker of light, or a monster running away? Either way I'm going back. "
Reply Quote
I'm going to race to level 60 and skip all the cutscenes/sidequests. Who gives a crap about the story
Edited by Banchan on 9/6/2011 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]