Diablo® III

Character Creation Menu seems..... Lame.

85 Night Elf Druid
I'm disappointed to see how un-epic the characters seem to be when your choosing them. In D2 I remember how cool and animated the characters were. All of them around a roaring camp fire ready to slay demons and begging for you to pick them. Each character would walk forward when chosen and do an animation.

In the D3 character selection screen it seems like the chars are just confined to this box and not very appealing at all when choosing them. I'm hoping that this is just for Beta only and Blizzard has something way cooler than them to be around a campfire. Maybe they can be around a pile of rotting corpses or perhaps something different any ideas?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Its called a beta. Cataclysm login sucked too.
Reply Quote
Totally Agreed Ruffianx, I hope the character selection page is changed for the real game.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I really don't care, I'll be spending an almost negligible time on that screen anyway in comparison to the rest of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Totally agree, and I also hope they bring back the campire
Edited by Draco on 9/7/2011 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think I remember bashiok saying somewhere that they cut own the mini cinematics to make the beta a smaller file or something. someone find that quote for me haha, it's on the old d3 forum

with that we can expect to see a neat initial character creation screen like diablo 2, and probably a better character selection screen for already made characters as well.
Edited by Fuglypump on 9/7/2011 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't played the beta, but I do agree that the character selection screen in D2 was preety badass.
Reply Quote
09/07/2011 09:15 PMPosted by Mizotu
What do you want? Each of them to fap furiously for you and explode in a vigor of unending ecstacy? I mean c'mon.

Well yeah that'd be sweet. Then maybe they could duel each other and activate fatalities for us. Then tell us some interesting trivia and do magic tricks!!! (Bliz hope your listening)

09/07/2011 09:13 PMPosted by Valael
I really don't care, I'll be spending an almost negligible time on that screen anyway in comparison to the rest of the game.

That just means you don't care about the whole game as a complete and awesome package. I think those are CRUCIAL moments, when you look at the character screen, it was some of the best feeling of D2 just looking around imagining all their powaaaahhh!!
Edited by Eddie on 9/7/2011 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/07/2011 09:41 PMPosted by Eddie
That just means you don't care about the whole game as a complete and awesome package. I think those are CRUCIAL moments, when you look at the character screen, it was some of the best feeling of D2 just looking around imagining all their powaaaahhh!!

No, it just means that I honestly am completely indifferent to the character selection screen because I'll see it for the couple of seconds it takes to click "female Demon Hunter" (or whatever gender-class combo) and to input a name.

I didn't image their poowaaaahh in D2, I imagined the lore behind the character I was creating and setting up their back story in my head, completely ignoring any superfluous graphics that I would be seeing again and again anyway as I play them in the actual game.

Stuff in my head about the character I'm creating and their story prior to taking the first steps under my direct control > them spinning or kicking or standing their burning out their corneas from staring at fire.
Reply Quote
09/07/2011 09:15 PMPosted by Mizotu
What do you want? Each of them to fap furiously for you and explode in a vigor of unending ecstacy? I mean c'mon.

Umm I am going to say yes?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It's just a suggestion I recommend to enhance our experience with Diablo 3. I really think the D2 character selection screen really sold me right from the beginning on how good this game was going to be.

Something Blizzard can do to sell new people on the game is to make the character selection screen come to life. It's a psychological thing. When I saw the D2 char selection I was like " !@#$ is about to get real" The chars were ready to go and ready to fight and they were together. Blizz wants us to be with friends well they can showcase the characters at least next to each other ready to go. Just my thoughts....
Reply Quote
I got an idea... lets delay the game 2 extra months so that your satisfied with the screen you will be on for a max of 5 minutes.... Really, this is what people complain about?
Reply Quote
This is one of the least important things I can think of, since you're going to spend so little time on this screen, but the campfire from D2 was indeed extremely sexy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/08/2011 09:28 AMPosted by MaynardDL
I got an idea... lets delay the game 2 extra months so that your satisfied with the screen you will be on for a max of 5 minutes.... Really, this is what people complain about?

Sadly, they complain about much much more trivial stuff.
Reply Quote
09/08/2011 09:31 AMPosted by Jainey

Sadly, they complain about much much more trivial stuff.

That is true.... maybe being on this board is starting to get on my nerves... so much trivial complaining.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]