Diablo® III

Character voice actors

I can't find any information on this but a lot of them sound familiar, in particular the male Wizard who sounds like Crispin Freeman doing an English accent. Anyone know who they are?

For discussion purposes, what's your opinion on the voice acting in general? I think Blizz went just a tiny bit overboard with the accents many characters have. I don't remember Tristram being dominated by people with Scottish accents. I'm terribly sorry for the nitpicking, but I need something to talk about.
Edited by Deschain on 9/8/2011 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Female Wiz= kath soucie
Male Monk= Jameson Price
Leah= Jennifer Hale

I intended to be the Male Wizard, but with the knowledge that I shall be a Zelgadis/ Alucard/Togusa/Karasu/Kyon/Alex Rowe Wizard has sealed the deal.

I heard more faint English accents than Scottish ones in the playthroughs I watched. Sure a portion will feel forced since the vast majority speak North American English. As for the player characters, I wouldn't have it any other way.
[edited to compound subsequent post].
Edited by DarkPrince on 9/10/2011 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Grey DeLisle is the Female Wizard.
She has a prolific resume as a voiceactor, I can guarantee that everyone has heard her consciously or otherwise

Crispin Freeman is the Male Wizard
He has a large presence in Anime, having a large following at conventions. He's quite the intellectual, holds a minor in computer science with his theatre degree I think? He's an anime nerds voice actor you could say, compared to a swathe of actors and actresses that voice anime but in all frankness aren't fans of the 'violentrobottentaclepron'.
Some examples of his roles include Zelgadis from The Slayers, Togusa from Ghost in the Shell (both films and SaC), Itachi from Naruto (I think :S), tsume from Wolf's Rain, Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and many more teh animez.

Jameson Price is the male monk
He's largely involved in teh Animez. The Colonel from Akira is probably is most widely listened role. The Count from Gankutsuou, Master Norb in Eureka Seven. I know he's in Bleach and Naruto but I don't watch those so I couldn't tell you.
As for games, he's the dude that tells you how awesome you are in Super Street Fighter IV. For WoW he's Aran in Karazhan, Yogg-Saron and Sartharion (sp?) He's a vampire in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (me no like that game). Oh, he announces Mortal Kombat as well!
However, it was a surprise to see him as the monk's voice. You'll notice that in the Billcon 2009 Monk trailer, he's voice by Phil Lamarr (madtv, reddas in FFXII, Vamp from MGS2+4).

I'm done lol. I assume all these and more are splattered upon the walls of Wikipedia.
I'm an animation student, one of my aspirations being the possibility of working in Blizzard's cinematics department as a character animator since their work ethic and process are largely indistinguishable from Pixar or Dreamworks. Nerding over Animation and VG voice casts is a consequence I guess.

If anyone knows or has any guesses as to the others, please post! I almost thought Jennifer Hales might be the Female DH, but I'm rather certain that she isn't.
Edited by DarkPrince on 9/10/2011 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Female Wiz= kath soucie

Damn, didn't catch that one...

In addition to whats already stated here, I believe that's Robin Atkin Downs voicing the male demon hunter.

I intended to be the Male Wizard, but with the knowledge that I shall be a Zelgadis/ Alucard/Togusa/Karasu/Kyon/Alex Rowe Wizard has sealed the deal.

Amen to that...
Reply Quote
ON second thought, Female Wiz is Grey DeLisle. Azula from avatar, Visconia from BG2. I apologize for the mistake :*(
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
The Templar follower has been confirmed to me by Bashiok to be Dominic Keating who played Malcolm Reed on Star Trek: Enterprise. I thought it was really cool that he took the time to confirm it for me :-)
Reply Quote
Ohhohohoho Monk is Jameson Price?! He's easily one of my favorite voice actors. I thought it sounded like him, but he did a great job masking his voice.

EDIT: Jameson Price also did the Zealot in SC2 by the way. Among many other anime rolls like Lordgenome. He also had a live action roll in The Patriot.
Edited by Deschain on 9/25/2011 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Didn't find info for the others in my 5 min search of other stuff. Post more pls.
Reply Quote
What kind of accents is a fictional realm, or world supposed to have?

I think its open ended, and fits nicely into the realm of Sanctuary.
Edited by Nastydude on 2/3/2012 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yup the moment I herd the male voice I knew who it was and sealed my choice for either female or male mage.

Crispin Freeman is badass.
Reply Quote
He has a large presence in Anime, having a large following at conventions. He's quite the intellectual, holds a minor in computer science with his theatre degree I think? He's an anime nerds voice actor you could say, compared to a swathe of actors and actresses that voice anime but in all frankness aren't fans of the 'violentrobottentaclepron'.
Some examples of his roles include Zelgadis from The Slayers, Togusa from Ghost in the Shell (both films and SaC), Itachi from Naruto (I think :S), tsume from Wolf's Rain, Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and many more teh animez.

You forgot his best roll, Hellsing!
Edited by BisonWeapon on 2/3/2012 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm almost positive Leah is not Jennifer Hale. I'm pretty sure it is whoever has done every other female voice for Blizzard (the Night Elf Archer in Warcraft 3, some NPCs in Diablo 2...). And I'm pretty sure that person is Piera Coppola.
Reply Quote

You forgot his best roll, Hellsing!

+1 hellsing was his best role
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2012 03:41 PMPosted by DoctorDevice
I'm almost positive Leah is not Jennifer Hale. I'm pretty sure it is whoever has done every other female voice for Blizzard (the Night Elf Archer in Warcraft 3, some NPCs in Diablo 2...). And I'm pretty sure that person is Piera Coppola.

Anyone who's played a fem Shepard can tell you it is indeed Jennifer Hale.

And I loooooove Grey DeLisle as the fem wizard.
"I'm so good I astound myself."
"I didn't think I could get any better."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]