Diablo® III

Do the Weapons need to glow?

I dislike this feature.

Seems childish... At least limit them to 5-10% of all items.
Reply Quote
Icy Enchant ftw.
Reply Quote
i would rather they glow then a sword of fire damage just all be red... D2 had a horrible system for that "Lets just make it a solid color for what we think of when we see it does fire damage"
Reply Quote
What's with this "3" nonsense? What's wrong with the number 2?
Reply Quote
I love the glowing weapons, it looks awesome. Especially that it's such an early part in the game, you know the end game weapons will look sick
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
You don't want your cool magically enchanted item to glow? It looks awesome! man people will complain about anything.
Reply Quote
Glowing Weapons FTW!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Glowing shows other players playing with you that it is a rare weapon in some way or another, causing suspicion to rise. I would imagine that all lower level items have a different hue or at least intensity of the inferno weapons, remember we are only seeing act 1 weapons, plus if you don't like the glowing turn your own graphics down. That will end your problem
Reply Quote
Exactly, I love them the way they are! Glowing weapons are AWESOME!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
09/08/2011 07:15 AMPosted by Shingan
when its enchanted is a WOW thing.......I thought people didn't want this to be WOW?

It's not a wow thing, movies/games hell even books have had glowing weapons if their enchanted.

Come on people just cause wow does something doesn't make something a 'wow thing'
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
09/08/2011 07:18 AMPosted by Deepa
when its enchanted is a WOW thing.......I thought people didn't want this to be WOW?

It's not a wow thing, movies/games hell even books have had glowing weapons if their enchanted.

Come on people just cause wow does something doesn't make something a 'wow thing'

And it certainly doesn't make it a bad thing.

Reply Quote
I think people should just stop bringing WoW up in general... it seems to degenerate every conversation into mindless WoW bashing and support. It's incredibly redundant. If Diablo players hate WoW so much, they just should ignore it. I've never played WoW, and have no interest in it, so I choose to ignore it instead of hating it based on the things I know about it.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
09/08/2011 08:10 AMPosted by HughDePayens
I think people should just stop bringing WoW up in general... it seems to degenerate every conversation into mindless WoW bashing and support. It's incredibly redundant. If Diablo players hate WoW so much, they just should ignore it. I've never played WoW, and have no interest in it, so I choose to ignore it instead of hating it based on the things I know about it.

Amen brother!
Reply Quote
09/08/2011 07:15 AMPosted by Shingan
ofcourse making it glow when its enchanted is a WOW thing.......I thought people didn't want this to be WOW?

Yes, glowing weapons originated in WoW.

Yup.
Reply Quote
IMO, glowing weapons look cool, but I agree with the OP, only the really nice, uniques should have the sweetness.

Then when someone sees some crazy glowing powerful looking weapon, they could probably tell what it was. With the current 'make everything glow' system, I could be holding a lvl 10 weapon, or a lvl 61 weapon, and they would both be glowing...

Save the 'uberness' for the 'uber' items IMO, not the trash crap you can pick up in Act1 NL.
Edited by BUnzaga on 9/8/2011 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Then when someone sees some crazy glowing powerful looking weapon, they could probably tell what it was. With the current 'make everything glow' system, I could be holding a lvl 10 weapon, or a lvl 61 weapon, and they would both be glowing...

ya cause blizz is only going to let your weapons glow color hues... no variations.... and everything you see here is endgame and how your char always looks.

Lets recap shall we? we are in the first 1/3 of act 1 normal difficulty. do you REALLY think they are releasing all the art and graphics for their massive database?

I could go on, but its pointless
Reply Quote
I must admit. If I have glowing/sparkling/fiery powerful weapon, and a non-glowing not-so-powerful weapon, I'll just go with the less powerful one.

I like to see the shape and details of things, not a ball of ligthntings on a stick.
But that's just me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]