Diablo® III

Beta is so near, yet so far away

I have never been able to participate in a Blizzard beta, and I've applied to every single one since Warcraft 3 ;_;

Hopefully blizzard does something with gamestop near the end of the beta that will allow myself to buy my way in.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ten
I don't think they will, they did with SC2 because mass numbers for its multi player were a good thing, but I can't see the same happening with D3.

Goodluck you have as much of a chance as the rest of us mate!
Reply Quote
I actually did participate in the WoW Stress Test beta, and the Starcraft 2 one, when blizzard allowed to buy myself in. But that isn't exactly what I meant! Yeah good luck to all and to all a good night.
Reply Quote
Puke, Gamestop equates to a disease in the minds of game developers for they way pander used games to the public. They cost Game company's so much money each year its disgusting.

So don't count on that ever happening. Do Blizzard and everyone else a favor and stop buying used games.
Reply Quote
I don't think D3 is going to see near the number of Beta invites as say, WoW does. Personally, once Blizzcon and a wave of opt-in invites go out... I wouldn't expect to see many more invites after those, unfortunately. The man power needed to test a game like this is significantly smaller than that needed for a full scale MMO.

Puke, Gamestop equates to a disease in the minds of game developers for they way pander used games to the public. They cost Game company's so much money each year its disgusting.

So don't count on that ever happening. Do Blizzard and everyone else a favor and stop buying used games.

Yeah yeah, everyone has read the interview from the developer that says second hand sales (can) hurt game developers, but you are aware that's limited to just second hand sales, and not retailers in general, right? (Gamestop sells WAY more than second hand games). I'm sure you did and you're just being silly. If developers didn't have retailers like Gamestop, they wouldn't make nearly as much money.
Edited by Skyfire on 9/8/2011 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]