Diablo® III

couple questions about the beta

I have a couple questions about the beta if anyone could help me out.

I noticed on some of the videos that hardly anyone is putting skills on the hotbar at the bottom, are those slots reserved for buffs or are they just not available this early in the game?

Are you able to shrink the size of the mini-map? If not, is that something Blizzard would like to add?

About artisans, Are you able to have all three artisans at the same time on the same character, or are you limited to one per character?

Thanks for the help, the game looks completely awsome from what i've seen!
Reply Quote
Skills question: the way it works is, you only start with the ability to use 2 skills at any one time. You don't get to slot skills in to the hotbar. Every 6 levels, starting at level 6 and ending iwth level 24, you get the ability to use another single skill simultaneously, leaving you with 6 from 24 on. Since most people you're watching play only have two to four skills (max they can have at level... 14?) They don't have a lot of skills to put on their hotbar.

Automap: yeah, pretty sure you can make it smaller, you could in the previous game.

Artisans: Believe you're able to have em all on one character, they aren't like professions. Your guy isn't specializing. He's just got a group of friends who follow him around.
Reply Quote
Cool, thanks static!
Reply Quote
about the map, is there a way to make it like it was in D2 ?
Reply Quote
Apparently I was lying about the ability to change the automap, I don't see any options for it on the main menu. There's a small one in the corner while you play, I think you can open a big one that covers your whole screen when you want to though.
Reply Quote
Apparently I was lying about the ability to change the automap, I don't see any options for it on the main menu. There's a small one in the corner while you play, I think you can open a big one that covers your whole screen when you want to though.

Yep, tab toggles between the full screen map and the minimap.
Reply Quote
To the beta players, Does the mini map ever get in the way/annoying with it taking up as much space as it is? or do you just kinda stop noticing it after awhile? It seems a little big for my taste but if it isnt an issue after awhile then thats good.

Would still like to see an option to shrink it down some though =D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]