Diablo® III

Mephisto, Diablo and Baal?

90 Goblin Hunter
Are they out of the picture or could they make their return? I don't follow the Diablo lore too much as it's rather confusing and alot of... redundancy to me.

Also, which is you favorite? I love just how sadistically awesome Baal is.
Reply Quote
It has already been confirmed that Diablo is making a return and as the final encounter. As for Mephisto and Baal, they will not be making a return in Diablo 3. My favorite prime evil would have to be Mephisto, because he is the evilest out of them all.
Reply Quote
Mephisto been slain. Baal's fate in LOD bit of a ambiguous matter (true he was slain physically) but there debate whether he was even truly slain by the adventurers since his Soulstone wasn't confirmed destroyed by them, Tyrael, or in the Worldstone's destruction. Possession does exist in the Diablo universe.

Diablo been confirmed to reappear somewhere in the game through a number of sources. (e.g. "Victorious Barbarian standing atop a defeated Diablo shouting towards the High Heavens" (barbarian statuette over the D3 cinematic trailer roaring demon's skull), and http://www.diablofans.com/news/863-it-ends-with-diablo/)

But Blizzard does love to bringing back the dead, plus demons can't die. Their souls are banish to the Black Abyss (a place where demons are spawn) but who's to say they [the top demonic baddies, the Prime and Lesser Evils] can't be respawn, eh?
    "Diablo and Mephisto have been banished back into the Black Abyss that spawned them, and the corrupted soulstones are no more" - Tyrael, end of D2
Reply Quote
When you kill Baal during his death animations many small 'Baal head spirits' spawn and fly into the world stone. I'm not sure what this means but I'm sure its intentional by the creators.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
The two prime evils Baal and Mephisto are not supposed to be in D3?? ?Really? Is there any official post about this? I doubt it.
Thei are crucial...and theyre also nice characters to just stay home this time...
I do like mefisto too. Hes the elder brother, evilest, cunning, and makes a huge part in the plot of sanctuary, worldstone, the pact with the high heavens...how could he just not be in the game?
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
Mephisto is definitely my favourite too, he's also looks the coolest out of all three imo.

Reading the novels now and am really enjoying them.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah, keep reading them. Its very cool stuff.
You will see that Mephisto is of even more importance than Diablo himself.
But this is for the booklore. The gamelore is kind of different...After all the game itself carries the name of diablo instead of Mefisto.
Reply Quote
Where did it say Mephisto and Baal wouldn't be making a comeback?

As far as I'm concerned Diablo suffered the same fate as Mephisto.
Reply Quote
My guess is that they will all make a comeback.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I always liked killing baal I loved his wicked laugh....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah, keep reading them. Its very cool stuff.
You will see that Mephisto is of even more importance than Diablo himself.
But this is for the booklore. The gamelore is kind of different...After all the game itself carries the name of diablo instead of Mefisto.

Eh that's only because Diablo means Devil and that has a bigger impact on marketing your game then just calling the game Mephisto... also they probably didn't get this much into the lore of the game until D2 anyway.
Reply Quote
Where did it say Mephisto and Baal wouldn't be making a comeback?

As far as I'm concerned Diablo suffered the same fate as Mephisto.

Well considering there is 4 acts in Diablo 3 and the final boss has been confirmed as Diablo himself, this leaves room for 3 more. It has also become widely accepted that Belial and Azmodan would make appearances in Diablo 3 since they are the only remaining lesser evils. So, this leaves 1 more act boss. Which I'm almost positive has been leaked along with the others.
Reply Quote
As I mentioned in the Story forums; Tyrael is almost certainly gonna be Diablo in D3. Cinematics of him crashing down from the Heavens and screen shoots of him "struggling" with something inside him hint towards this.
Reply Quote
Mephisto cant possibly come back, I killed him too many times
Reply Quote
by the same logic that Diablo still exists somewhere after having his soulstone destroyed, Mephisto and baal must still exist in hell. I personally think Mephisto is the best because he seems to be the one masterminding everything from the beginning. (diablo just has a marketable face, and the terrible countenance required to command hell)
baal and mephisto have got to be expansion either that, or they all merged to make super-D hence the three mouths

Reply Quote
by the same logic that Diablo still exists somewhere after having his soulstone destroyed, Mephisto and baal must still exist in hell. I personally think Mephisto is the best because he seems to be the one masterminding everything from the beginning. (diablo just has a marketable face, and the terrible countenance required to command hell)
baal and mephisto have got to be expansion either that, or they all merged to make super-D hence the three mouths.

i'm hoping Blizzard has got us all fooled and they are setting up leaks to make us think we know the deal. they can't just say mephisto is gone, he really does play the biggest part in the conspiracy.

Reply Quote
Dont forget that there is always a chance Mephisto and Baal can still make a comeback in a future expansion(s).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
so i was a big fan of diablo 2 (LOD) but i never played diablo 1. i cant really remember the storyline from diablo 2, so i was thinking about buying the books and catching up like that, but are the books the same storyline as the games?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They are still on their thrones in the new black stone cinematic. Whether they play a role in D3 is to be determined.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]