Diablo® III

Mephisto, Diablo and Baal?

10/24/2011 12:03 PMPosted by MadSkilled
in d2 LoD, you do NOT take a soulstone from diablo than shatter it, it's mephisto's soulstone.

Yes you destroy Diablo's soulstone, it shows it in the cinematic after you kill him.
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 05:50 AMPosted by Boxebrown
As I mentioned in the Story forums; Tyrael is almost certainly gonna be Diablo in D3. Cinematics of him crashing down from the Heavens and screen shoots of him "struggling" with something inside him hint towards this.

Could you post the references (images and stuff you found) about Tyrael -> Diablo?
I didn't find anything that hints to this...
Edited by iLokomo on 10/25/2011 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
OK i read some interesting theory that says that the 3 would merge into a more powerful creature, or better, a more powerfule Daiblo, and that it was all a cunning plan bringing hes two brothers to sanctuary. Now He would use the Black soulstone to stop azmodan and then use the body of Leah, "the wanderer's daughter", to return to sanctuary and get the stone to become the three headed being we can see on that old cinematic...

This way, both Baal and Mefisto wouldnt be in the game, thecnically.
Reply Quote
SPOILER ALERT!
---

After Reading The Book of Cain, you will find out that, after defeating Diablo in D2, you in fact destroy the Crimsom Soulstone. Mephisto's Soulstone was destroyed earlier.
Also, Baal, in his way to the WorldStone, wage destruction to every city in his path, to "restore" is escence that was imprissioned on his Soulstone(Yellow One), he is fact before the Arrival of Tyrrael, we manages to "merge" his soulstone with the WorldStone. So we the Archangel smashed the Worldstone, so was Baal's.

So all 3 were cast to the "Abyss", is not Heaven, nor Hell, so:

If Diablo can return, I think the other can too, also I think that give the relationship the 3 of them have, Diablo would like to have them with him.. After all they were trying to take back hell.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't believe everyone is giving Diablo enough credit. The full story has not unfolded yet and I believe that everything leading up to D3 has all been planned by the Prime Evils.

There is nothing better than a diabolical story (No pun intended) that ends up exactly the way the bad guy/s planned.

Tyrael has been the one angel from the heavens to truly challenge the 7 evils on sanctuary (only because he is the only angel who knows that the worldstone is in sanctuary). Which is why i believe that they needed him to destroy the worldstone.

The destruction of the world stone has set off a series of events that is still anathema to us. Tyrael has destroyed the world stone. The one thing the heavens and hells fought over for eons. Tyrael transgressions for not revealing the location of the worldstone to the high heavens and actually destroying it will not go unpunished. He will be cast out of the heavens Like a falling star (Pun definatly intended). Imperius will undoubtedly not take heed to Tyrael and will only care about the destruction of the demon spawn.

The Primes needed Tyrael out of the picture and they have achieved just that. What is next i can only imagine.
Reply Quote
10/24/2011 12:03 PMPosted by MadSkilled
in d2 LoD, you do NOT take a soulstone from diablo than shatter it, it's mephisto's soulstone.

If you listen to Deckard Cain and the story of D2, you hear/see that Diablo's soulstone is also smashed on the forge as you did with Mephisto's. The only one we don't know about is Baal's stone after he was defeated because Tyrael blew up the Worldstone.

I'm pretty sure they'll bridge these informations in D3.
Reply Quote
and we only pleased baal by destroying the world stone, that's why he was laughing. he also enjoyed the destruction of his current vesicle. he also created most of the weapons in the diablo world, and made things just to see them destroyed. much like a kid playing with blocks and making them tumble down. he thrives off of destruction and any means of it. and he also created the hellforge.
Edited by Gunghoe on 3/30/2012 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
*spoiler*

Due to the leaked portraits, my money is that Zoltan/Adria use the black soulstone to access the Abyss. Not sure about how some of the angels vanished, but they might be in there too, and zoltan/adria used it to make diablo manifest, and mephisto and baal are in the abyss/black soulstone as well.

Just my 2 SoJ's.
Reply Quote
Indeed, there is an evidence revealing Mephisto is the evilest one. He is the earliest one corrupting Humans.
Reply Quote
If Mephisto comes back I will be a bit dissapoint destroying the soulstone should mean they are dead. None of this "It was merely a set back!" story. It'd be more interesting if we actually killed them all and then the story moved forward rather then restart itself. I for one would be interested if we killed all the Demons and then we were left having to fight Angels
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Doggir
If Mephisto comes back I will be a bit dissapoint destroying the soulstone should mean they are dead. None of this "It was merely a set back!" story. It'd be more interesting if we actually killed them all and then the story moved forward rather then restart itself. I for one would be interested if we killed all the Demons and then we were left having to fight Angels

You should probably inform yourself a bit more about the lore before getting upset about it. Destroying the soulstone doesnt mean they are dead at all, the soulstones were their prisons at first, they corrupted them later to connect with the worldstone. After the heroes of D2 slay them and destroy their soulstones, their spirits are send to the abyss, which is were new demons spawn from.
If you think the prime evils are so common as being able to die, then you dont really grasp how big they actually are. They were born from the 3 domminant heads of the dragon that was born from the evil remmants of what would be "god" and that dragon was strong enough to destroy god, even if he died too.
Reply Quote
While I love all 3 of the prime evils, I think it is time to give some spotlight to some of the lesser evils. I would love to see the likes of Asmodeus, Belial, Baalzebul......maybe even Fraz' Urb-luu (The Prince of Deception....of the Abyss) Could make for a great story line. Those guys have the potential to play a great role in the story in the possibility of freeing Diablo and his brethren.
Edited by EternalDeath#1311 on 4/23/2012 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You should probably inform yourself a bit more about the lore before getting upset about it. Destroying the soulstone doesnt mean they are dead at all, the soulstones were their prisons at first, they corrupted them later to connect with the worldstone. After the heroes of D2 slay them and destroy their soulstones, their spirits are send to the abyss, which is were new demons spawn from.
If you think the prime evils are so common as being able to die, then you dont really grasp how big they actually are. They were born from the 3 domminant heads of the dragon that was born from the evil remmants of what would be "god" and that dragon was strong enough to destroy god, even if he died too.

Yes and I understand all that fully... What I have a problem with is Blizzard's (and not just in diablo) "It was Merely a set back" writing. and when people bring up the whole abyss thing I understand it as blizzard writing in a means to have infinite "It was merely a set back!" moments . I think Blizzard is creative and should therefore come up with something creative instead of re using the same baddies over and over and over... it becomes warn out after the tenth time...
Reply Quote
04/24/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Doggir
Yes and I understand all that fully... What I have a problem with is Blizzard's (and not just in diablo) "It was Merely a set back" writing. and when people bring up the whole abyss thing I understand it as blizzard writing in a means to have infinite "It was merely a set back!" moments . I think Blizzard is creative and should therefore come up with something creative instead of re using the same baddies over and over and over... it becomes warn out after the tenth time...

The war between Heaven and Hell couldn't really be called the Eternal Conflict if the seven evils could be permanently destroyed. The Eternal Conflict has been going on since the beginning of time.
Reply Quote
*spoiler*

Due to the leaked portraits, my money is that Zoltan/Adria use the black soulstone to access the Abyss. Not sure about how some of the angels vanished, but they might be in there too, and zoltan/adria used it to make diablo manifest, and mephisto and baal are in the abyss/black soulstone as well.

Just my 2 SoJ's.

ha, you beat me to it.

though i haven't seen any leaked portraits, after reading BoC and seeing what the black soulstone could do, i figured that this is how Diablo would be brought back... maybe... haha.
Reply Quote
Many people, including myself, have hypothesized that the prime evil have merged to make a super prime. Evidence is found in the "girl" Diablo picture which is actually a result of his merging with Mephisto, resulting in a skeletal waist, an extra set of arms, and backwards horns. While "respawning" in the black abyss they would have mushed together.

And i think Diablo was the mastermind behind this all along. I think that is why they are trying to portray him skinnier perhaps to accent the fact that he isnt a brute on the front lines, but is a thinker. He was smart enough to force his own exile out of hell to get into Sanctuary. Also, in Diablo 1+2 he was the one that their entire plan hinged on, to become released.

That being said i think the two other primes will be involved in the story somehow, although i don't think they will be individual bosses. With a conflict this large going on between mortals, angels, lesser evils, and prime evil, it would be unlikely that 2 of the 3 prime evils would have no involvement.
Reply Quote
04/24/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Splat

The war between Heaven and Hell couldn't really be called the Eternal Conflict if the seven evils could be permanently destroyed. The Eternal Conflict has been going on since the beginning of time.

Indeed, completely destroying the Prime Evils would mean that Hatred Terror and Destruction don't exist anymore. The prime's arent only physical representations of evil, that are what cause it to happen. If that happened the entire universe would be out of balance.
Reply Quote
Just to let you in on a little information.

Diablo means Devil.
Mephisto or more accurately Mephisophiles means Devil as well.
Just not as well known.
Reply Quote
Diablo means Devil.
Mephisto or more accurately Mephisophiles means Devil as well.
Just not as well known.

True.

However, Mephisto is also short for Mephistocles, one of the princes of hell. Baal is also known as a prince of hell in mythology.

Diablo does mean devil, however. The top dog. Kind of backs up the theory that Diablo may be the brains behind all of this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]