Diablo® III

Group Loot

85 Human Rogue
Okay, So I know that Diablo 3 isn't WoW. That is one of the reasons that I'm looking forward to Diablo 3. I played Diablo, and Diablo 2, and a thought occured to me: I did not like the loot system in those games. It was always a "Who can pick up the loot fastest?" deal. So, I'd be forced to hold down ALT all the time so the loot text would show up so I could pick it up faster than everyone else.

Let's face it, that made for an unfriendly, uncommunal loot system. Diablo 3 has had a lot of emphasis on team work, unlike the prior which was more of a "Lone wolf lets all kill stuff" game.

So I would like to see some sort of rolling on items kind of similar to WoW, where the loot drops, and anything above crap is rolled on. Does anyone else agree on this? (If this has already been discussed, forgive me, I've been living under a rock and have now moved to living under a boulder.)
Reply Quote
It's a personal loot system. You can't see or grab what drops for me and vice versa. All loot issues resolved.
Reply Quote
In Diablo 3 everything you see drop is yours to loot. Every person in the game gets there own specific drops, so you might not get something you want but you will always get something. This promotes trading with people in your game or use of the AH.
Reply Quote
92 Orc Shaman
It's a personal loot system. You can't see or grab what drops for me and vice versa. All loot issues resolved.

beat me to it, and I believe they also said the more players in game doesnt effect quality of loot, BUT you would but going through monsters alot faster. I remember reading that somewhere but could be outdated info.
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Priest
Okay, So I know that Diablo 3 isn't WoW. That is one of the reasons that I'm looking forward to Diablo 3. I played Diablo, and Diablo 2, and a thought occured to me: I did not like the loot system in those games. It was always a "Who can pick up the loot fastest?" deal. So, I'd be forced to hold down ALT all the time so the loot text would show up so I could pick it up faster than everyone else.

Let's face it, that made for an unfriendly, uncommunal loot system. Diablo 3 has had a lot of emphasis on team work, unlike the prior which was more of a "Lone wolf lets all kill stuff" game.

So I would like to see some sort of rolling on items kind of similar to WoW, where the loot drops, and anything above crap is rolled on. Does anyone else agree on this? (If this has already been discussed, forgive me, I've been living under a rock and have now moved to living under a boulder.)

I totally agree!

09/11/2011 11:34 AMPosted by Raxus

I hope it really like that! that would be nice.
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Elementai

beat me to it, and I believe they also said the more players in game doesnt effect quality of loot, BUT you would but going through monsters alot faster. I remember reading that somewhere but could be outdated info.

Your right. The more people in games will not cause better loot to drop. The only benefit is that you will be able to farm the content faster.
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Freedomeagle
It really is. :]
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Priest
Boss drops 24 Gold, 1 sword, 1 axe.

Player 1 can see 14 gold he can pick up. The swortd is assigned to player 1, so player 1 can see the sword but Player 2 cannot see the sword at all.

Player 2 had the axe assigned to him, so he can see the axe while player one cannot see the axe. Player 2 can see 10 gold on the ground.
Why does player 1 get more gold? did he do more damage? I assume the sword is assigned by the person who can use it.. right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
09/11/2011 11:34 AMPosted by Raxus

Oh, I see. And is this for everything that dies, or is it more of a round robin style? I.E. Does EVERYTHING drop loot for JUST you and also for everyone else, or does it work like...say you have three people in your group, and you kill three things, you get to loot one of them?
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Priest
09/11/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Static
It really is. :]
Sweet xD
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Elementai

It is. Blizzard went back on this. Having a bigger party does not give you better loot. Though as there are more monsters for each additional party member and kill them all faster, you do have more chances at loot dropping.
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 11:40 AMPosted by Derinton

Oh, I see. And is this for everything that dies, or is it more of a round robin style? I.E. Does EVERYTHING drop loot for JUST you and also for everyone else, or does it work like...say you have three people in your group, and you kill three things, you get to loot one of them?

This is for everything that dies. Whatever you see is 100% yours. Your loot will not appear on the other players screens. If an axe drops for you, something else or nothing will drop for the other players if that makes sense
Reply Quote
09/11/2011 11:40 AMPosted by Derinton

You're loot is completely separate from someone elses. They may see an item off a monster and you might not. As far as we are aware players loot is almost completely independent from each other.
Reply Quote
Boss drops 24 Gold, 1 sword, 1 axe.

Player 1 can see 14 gold he can pick up. The swortd is assigned to player 1, so player 1 can see the sword but Player 2 cannot see the sword at all.

Player 2 had the axe assigned to him, so he can see the axe while player one cannot see the axe. Player 2 can see 10 gold on the ground.

That's not very accurate. The possible loot isn't divided between the players, it's rolled individually for each player. It would look more like this:

Boss has a random chance to drop between 30 and 50 gold, up to three magic items and a guaranteed rare item.

Player 1 gets 36 gold, a sword and gloves.
Player 2 gets 40 gold and a helmet.
Player 3 gets 31 gold and a mace.

All three players get a single random rare item.
Edited by Suu on 9/18/2011 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Sigh.... loot that you will see drop... well only you can see it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, before any more people come in here with the WTF this has been asked a million times... this thread was posted a week ago, lol. Someone revived it.
Reply Quote
I like that you are supposed to deal with the dramatic impact of having to kill super uniques for the good of humankind rather than be practically a scavenger/headhunter killing for items. I don't think blizzard intended loot to be the way it was in D2, but it just happened that way due to game mechanics, much like I don't think they intended to give the aggressor the advantage in PvP, but the game mechanics made it so that the defender in PvP had a disadvantage, thus leading to various infamous PvP debates.
Edited by Situation on 9/18/2011 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
@Derinton:

First, if you start any sentence with "So I know that Diablo 3 isn't WoW", you have not done enough research to create a new forum topic in these forums.

Second, saying "I played Diablo, and Diablo 2" is irrelevant if you did not participate in http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=12007&sid=3000 , and therefore are now 2 years behind on discussion and design.

I agree that it is unfortunate that Diablo 3 doesn't have a game guide / FAQ for the non-early-adopters, but unless one of the entrepreneurs / community leads decides to make one, it would be best to use the forum search feature to answer questions such as yours.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]