Diablo® III

Blizzards should make Diablo 3 run on PS3

(Locked)

No.

Console = big mass of kids.
09/14/2011 02:52 AMPosted by LawinRanger
admit Microsoft gives great customer service. But that doesn't mean they don't have issues.

And the reason you didn't give an example is because you cant think of one.
dear "no" people:
all your theorycrafting is wrong, blizzard is in the process of planning a console release as we speak

/thread

dear "yes" people:
this is not a good thing, and I don't plan on celebrating it. Stop pretending that your discussion is the thing that will cause the console port to happen, if anything it's more annoying than the 8 page wall of pretentious "no" text, and almost as annoying as the one word "no" response

/thread

no
09/14/2011 09:16 AMPosted by Cubanned
We all know how good Starcraft for N64 went........................................................

lol n64
how can you compare a n64 game with ps3?
ive seen some very nice looking games for ps3 and just because one game failed on a consol dont meen they shouldnt try thats just crazy
i find it funny that the people that dont even play ps3 are like NO and its not even going to effect them ...just because they aint skilled enough to work a controller they say awwww it to hard...worked on ps1 just fine i had no problems..i wish D3 only came out on ps3 so all the NO people could tell us how awasome the game is lol
no.
No. Here is a brief list of things that this will cause:

• Loss of functionality on computer due to streamlining for consoles

• Loss of control flow due to streamlining for controllers

• Increased development and testing cycles

• Increased server stress (not due to population)

• Idiots using controllers in my public games

• You ever play the D2 port to PS?

Any game you play that had a dual release, has some contrived "solutions" to the problem presented by the need to release code that can be interpreted by each system. These "solutions" make it playable on the console, but also make it playable on the PC. I don't want my Diablo 3 just playable. I want my Diablo 3 to be amazingly functional and a completely fluid gameplay experience.
    No. Here is a brief list of things that this will cause:

• Loss of functionality on computer due to streamlining for consoles

• Loss of control flow due to streamlining for controllers

• Increased development and testing cycles

• Increased server stress (not due to population)

• Idiots using controllers in my public games

• You ever play the D2 port to PS?

Any game you play that had a dual release, has some contrived "solutions" to the problem presented by the need to release code that can be interpreted by each system. These "solutions" make it playable on the console, but also make it playable on the PC. I don't want my Diablo 3 just playable. I want my Diablo 3 to be amazingly functional and a completely fluid gameplay experience.

I would have to mostly agree here. If it were to happen the PS3 players would have to be separated from the PC players in my opinion. PC/Console games never seem to be up to snuff. Not to say it can't be done but it is probably a lot more grief that it is worth.
    09/11/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Zarheim
    Diablo 3 seems like it would make a great ps3 game. Reminds me of the golden times back when I use to play Champions of Norrath. Made a great game for the PS2. Having Diablo 3 for PS3 would be epic and attract even more gamers than just PC gamers.

Horrible idea. I really hope they don't bring this to a console platform, it truly doesn't belong.

If you want to get a rough idea of what this would be like, go play torchlight on the xbox 360.

I have the computer version as well and let me tell you, the console version is garbage.
    90 Human Paladin
    Meh Consoles, blizzard has always produced PC games, if they choose to extend this on to a console I don't think it's a big deal, if PC is still getting first dibs.
    No.

The average age on PSN was 28 a few years ago. Not sure if that has changed with the price drops.

I can't say for sure if D3 would play great on Ps3 or not, but if Blizzard ends up making a spin off for consoles i would probably not care enough to buy it.
    So if you took your time to research you would find this...

"As some of you may have seen over on the Diablo III home page, we’re currently exploring a Diablo-related concept for consoles. As we’ve said in the past, with proper care the gameplay could suit the console platform, and we’re interested in seeing what talent out there might be interested in contributing to such a project.

To further reiterate what’s posted on the home page: this is not an announcement of a console title. We are first and foremost developing Diablo III for Windows and Mac PCs, and we have no intention of allowing a console interpretation to delay or otherwise affect the release of the game. As always feel free to discuss this topic here, but please note that we don’t have any further details to share at this time.

If you or someone you know would be interested in joining the Diablo team, then head over to the job posts to check out the requirements and submit an application."

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27607509731&sid=3000&pageNo=1

First of all you people should learn how to read not only do your research. In the First sentence it clearly states that they are looking into diablo related concept for consoles. Now maybe you and me have different ideas on what related concept means but, they way I take it is it will be a complete different game it will not be diablo 3.

How in any way is this a bad idea for blizzard your all morons. Do you even understand how expensive it is to have a computer that will run diablo 3, compared to what it costs to have a PlayStation 3 or an xbox. Not everyone can afford a super computer. Theres not many GOOD console rpgs out there... hmmm let me see theres what ds3 thats about all i can think of. DS3 runs smoothly on the ps3. Ive always liked both the diablo and dungeon siege games, and if ds could move from the pc platform to console, diablo could just as easly. Hell if there was a diablo based game that run could just as smooth as ds3 on my ps3 it would be the only thing i would play.
    No.

Golly, I just can't imagine what would happen if Diablo's community were comprised of a large amount of unseemly individuals. Good thing it's PC only for now, crisis averted!
    I'm a PC gamer but some friends play on 360 and PS3. D3 on consoles would be good.
    Personally didn't mind the old Diablo 1 port to PS, so not against seeing a PS3 port.
    They should, psn and xbox live would work pretty well. It's not like FFXI went under because they went console.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]