Diablo® III

Blizzards should make Diablo 3 run on PS3

(Locked)

I met starcraft via N64 in 1999-2000, then realized the pc one was WAY BETTER.
I wonder if on ps3 it'll have off line version.
If it haves ...
Shame on blizzard.
09/11/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Jorgekovski
I met starcraft via N64 in 1999-2000, then realized the pc one was WAY BETTER.

ill agree that some games play better on pc
games with alot of macro commands
D3 looks like its dumbed down enough for ps3 allready
alltho i do think it would look better on pc for sure
either way i will be playing it in full HD 1080 on my 55 in. lcd : )
A PC game should be developed on it's own and first. Console versions can come later for those who "really" want them I guess, but the important thing is, the PC version has to come first or have priority.

I'm tired of seeing games like "lets port game X from 360 over to PC to make us moar money, and have the only option available to change is the screen resolution, and let's have it require a 360 controller to play, and may as well throw on a few forms of DRM and put a $60 price tag on it" on the PC...

Edit: To clarify, I don't really care if Diablo III comes to PS3. I own a 360, and don't use it, but I can understand why some people use consoles for gaming (even if I don't approve of a restricted device for gaming)
Edited by Espionage on 9/11/2011 8:41 PM PDT
A PC game should be developed on it's own and first. Console versions can come later for those who "really" want them I guess, but the important thing is, the PC version has to come first or have priority.

I'm tired of seeing games like "lets port game X from 360 over to PC to make us moar money, and have the only option available to change is the screen resolution, and let's have it require a 360 controller to play, and may as well throw on a few forms of DRM and put a $60 price tag on it" on the PC...

Edit: To clarify, I don't really care if Diablo III comes to PS3. I own a 360, and don't use it, but I can understand why some people use consoles for gaming (even if I don't approve of a restricted device for gaming)

Yeah, I agree with you. I am going to play Diablo 3 on my PC no matter if it gets ported/adapted/whatever to console. Even when I have a PS3 with a better TV than my pc monitor, the way its meant to be played ( or at least the way I learned and want to play diablo ) is on the PC.
Wha?
im not saying id rather play ps3 version over pc just saying i would play both

i guess it all would come down to how many macro commands would be in the game

i wonder if anyone has tryed to use one of thos wireless xbox 360 handles for the pc
be interesting to know how the functionality of that would be.....
Oo please do it so I can make my 6 yr old magic find for me
09/11/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Zarheim
Diablo 3 seems like it would make a great ps3 game. Reminds me of the golden times back when I use to play Champions of Norrath. Made a great game for the PS2. Having Diablo 3 for PS3 would be epic and attract even more gamers than just PC gamers.

I'm just going to put this here:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=1100059
Hell yeah, I bet they would make it dope on PS3 don't kid yourself. Then I could play it on my Playstation 3 or my PC, whats wrong with that? btw none of those terrible awful things would happen just because they put the game on PS3, some of you guys sound like the news... :/
09/11/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Zarheim
No
And why not?

Because when games are developed for both console and PC in mind, the PC version of the game gets the short end of the stick, because of compromises that have to be made on the consoles (because they suck).

For example, consoles don't have keyboards, have less shortcuts/keys, don't feature text-chat, and have zero graphics options, don't have game servers, to name a few. Many of these features may find themselves missing (or severely gimped) in the PC versions of games, which has happened in the past. A lot.

I own a PS3 myself, to play PS3 exclusives on it, hooked up to a lovely 52" plasma, but given the choice, I would rather play on my PC, because it's just better.
Yay for another level of what is known as console wars. Honestly if they do a good job and make it a fun good experiance on the console then I hope it has a decent following on console.
I don't mind D3 on console, so long as the quality is not diminished. Seeing how D3 works, I could see it working on Ps3...
87 Blood Elf Mage
I just enjoy playing it on the computer more.. If it was a console game, it wouldn't feel as an enjoyable experience, It would be more like playing torchlight. I enjoy pc style better.
09/11/2011 11:28 PMPosted by Elusional
I just enjoy playing it on the computer more.. If it was a console game, it wouldn't feel as an enjoyable experience, It would be more like playing torchlight. I enjoy pc style better.

Yeah but... playing on a big screen is also cool =) But I'd still prefer playing it on PC =)
You can always hook a PC to a TV via an HDMI cord so the Pc's having a smaller screen is no biggie.

I'm 100% okay with having D3 on consoles as long as it doesn't take away from the PC version or the release date (hopefully) later this year. I have a decent PC about 4 years old that I use regularly, I have a 360 and a PS3 that switch off between weekends. I plan on buying D3 on the PC because I like it more. Just like why I play CoD and BFBC2 on consoles or TF2 on the PC. I like it that way.

The only thing I might not like is how unfair its gonna be in PVP when a PC user can pretty much school anyone using a console, given the servers are universal.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unless they scrap the project in the near future Blizzard is hiring employees for a Diablo port to the PS3.
Im perfectly happy and content with Diablo never coming to a console again, I dont want to see it on my Xbox 360 or PS3 ever its a PC game and should stay that way.........PS Diablo was released on console (Playstation) back in the day and it was terrible.
3 Human Paladin
09/11/2011 07:28 PMPosted by Razored
Diablo 3 seems like it would make a great ps3 game. Reminds me of the golden times back when I use to play Champions of Norrath. Made a great game for the PS2. Having Diablo 3 for PS3 would be epic and attract even more gamers than just PC gamers.

stupid post. don't ever post something like this again!!!!
How is this a stupid post? I actually think it's a good idea.

For all the haters saying no, give me one reason why this would not work.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]