Diablo® III

Blizzards should make Diablo 3 run on PS3

(Locked)

Just saying, Xbox 360 wouldn't happen, Microsoft wouldn't allow battle.net 2.0 and they'd have to integrate it in LIVE, it'd just be a big hassle..
85 Orc Rogue
All I want is console controller support on PC's....

09/12/2011 10:55 PMPosted by EremesGuile
Just saying, Xbox 360 wouldn't happen, Microsoft wouldn't allow battle.net 2.0 and they'd have to integrate it in LIVE, it'd just be a big hassle..

Agreed. It's the same reason that that Eve spinoff shooter is only coming out for PS3. Msoft has too tight control over Live to allow players to use the system with another proprietary platform, while the PS3 is open enough to even have steam on it.
Edited by Ilsa on 9/12/2011 10:57 PM PDT
putting keyboard/mouse support on ps3 is in effect cheating also... since console games target hitbox is 10x bigger than that of a pc's for the simple fact that a mouse is much more accurate and therefore doesn't need a larger hitbox... if they made it the same size for a game on console for people using controllers, everyone would be shooting air and not much else... it would become frustrating and boring quite quickly... so to give them pinpoint precision (compared) with 10x the hitbox...... you may as well just give them aimbots lol

Edited by disenter on 9/12/2011 11:02 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
it is on their wish list ..very very far away from being on the soon list..

but if they feel they can make a few hundred million doing it ..then maybe
xbox360, wii, and ps3 all have their exclusive titles... why shouldn't Diablo remain PC/Mac exclusive?
27 Blood Elf Mage
just buy a damn xbox 360 corded controller and find a program on the internet to map the sticks to the mouse or something and map left click to A and right click to B or LT and RT. simple. but im playing straight pc cuz it would suck on console just like torchlight and all the other wack !@# diablo clones on xbox arcade.
As long as the game is built for the PC...then later PORTED to the other consoles, I can care less.

What we don't want happening is Blizzard making cookie cutter design decisions so that the game runs within the limitations of the consoles, and then ported over to PC. The PC experience would suffer significantly that way.
87 Undead Warlock
you joke, but id actually love to watch a korean play starcraft on a touch screen. would be like poetry in motion

Caligraphy no less.

Yeah, consoles is where all the grown ups are. No kids there.

If this comment isn't spewing forth sarcasm, it should be.

Also, consoles have sucked the life out of PC gaming, and I hate it. I can't stand FPS games on consoles, RTS is a joke on consoles. I do not enjoy console controllers. I have no need to buy a console when I have a laptop that produces just as pretty graphics, and I can use for school/work/gaming/internet, etc... I don't have to buy $20-40 attachments to improve the functionality of my mouse/keyboard. I don't have to pay Microsoft a yearly fee to use the online features on PC games. I don't have to rely on PSN's !@#$ty service. I don't have to have my friends split (albeit 9:1 in favor of Xbox) between 360 and PS3. I don't have to convert my $$ into %^-*!@#ed M$ points (why the hell isn't it 100pts for $1? Seriously?) I don't need a proprietary fraking power cord for my laptop/desktop (which mind you, M$ won't even sell you, you have to go used. Thank god there are 9billion dead 360's with working power cords...)

TL;DR: **** consoles, PC is, was, and always should be >>>> Consoles. This is why I love Blizzard: PC games, made right.

this

If this comment isn't spewing forth sarcasm, it should be.

Also, consoles have sucked the life out of PC gaming, and I hate it. I can't stand FPS games on consoles, RTS is a joke on consoles. I do not enjoy console controllers. I have no need to buy a console when I have a laptop that produces just as pretty graphics, and I can use for school/work/gaming/internet, etc... I don't have to buy $20-40 attachments to improve the functionality of my mouse/keyboard. I don't have to pay Microsoft a yearly fee to use the online features on PC games. I don't have to rely on PSN's !@#$ty service. I don't have to have my friends split (albeit 9:1 in favor of Xbox) between 360 and PS3. I don't have to convert my $$ into %^-*!@#ed M$ points (why the hell isn't it 100pts for $1? Seriously?) I don't need a proprietary fraking power cord for my laptop/desktop (which mind you, M$ won't even sell you, you have to go used. Thank god there are 9billion dead 360's with working power cords...)

TL;DR: **** consoles, PC is, was, and always should be >>>> Consoles. This is why I love Blizzard: PC games, made right.

this

lol +1

i like this guy haha...
Yeah, if there's one thing I ask myself daily, it's why Blizzard did not follow through and make more ports like Starcraft 64.
Please God no
09/11/2011 07:35 PMPosted by Zarheim
look at all these idiots spending all this money trying to build the ultimate pc just to run this game (its not needed lol )

This game does not require the ultimate pc but if people want to build it that's their choice, and most people are just getting angry that their 11 year old OS (xp) is having trouble running a game in 2011. Blizzard does a great job of requiring minimal computer builds to run their games. However, this is hardly a reason to port to consoles. The problem is that pc gamers shot themselves in the foot with pirating everything, this is why developers are switching to consoles. I believe SC2 was the most pirated game in history, so if pc gamers want developers to stay true to pc development (and I believe blizzard wants to), the pirating would need to stop, but this is unlikely. This also sucks for pc gamers in the sense that it is water logging the video game graphics progression because most developers are going multiplatform, so the graphics have to scale with the consoles and hold back pc potential. Not many games come out that can push the limits of the best graphics cards atm.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
no
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]