Diablo® III

Blizzards should make Diablo 3 run on PS3

(Locked)

This thread is full of whiny little girls who are all too self righteous to realize how good this game could be on consoles. Will D3 be better on PC? Probably. Would it still be awesome on consoles? Of course. Have any of you even played Champions of Norrath? That game was incredible.

Most of you just don't want to see this on a console simply because you're too hung up on your self superiority. You act like consoles are junk, but you can't back that up. Try playing Devil May Cry on PC. The controls are awkward as hell. Game is pretty much unplayable on PC. Does that make it a bad game? The only games that should be PC exclusive are games like Starcraft and MMOs, because they just wouldn't work without the keyboard and mouse. But that doesn't make PC a superior gaming platform.
How would the controls be?
First, consoles < PCs. Period. Do I own consoles? Yes. I play from time to time, but usually only when company is over and I feel like getting destroyed on Madden.

Anything is possible, so porting D3 over to a console could happen. But think about how the game would have to be changed. Keep the cursor and try to move it around with a thumbstick? Lulz... No. Some sort of "monster highlighting" system would have to be implemented that would allow the consolers to select their targets. Else, turn it into a true console hack 'n slash requiring you to run your character up to an enemy and mash a button to attack them. That effectively turns D3 into Devil May Cry, so that's a no go... Use the Kinect/EyeToy? It'd be funny to watch, at least. But again, no.

There is no way to port this game to a console and not completely wreck it. Lets say a highlighting system is implemented and cross-platform multiplayer is available. Who wants to play with someone that has to cycle through their targets to attack, cycle through menus to change skills or assign stat points, or do some ridiculous combination of buttons to open a door? I am just assuming one possible outcome. There are probably better ways, but I really don't think there are any ways without turning D3 into something completely different.

And here's the straw that breaks the camel's back... How will drops be handled on consoles? Going back to cross-platform, there would be no way for consolers to pick up items before the PC players unless all drops are treated like gold (instant pickup) for the consolers. Once again, the game is wrecked and turned into something else. Not to mention ruining it completely for PCers. I said in a previous post that I don't care whether or not this game goes to multiple platforms, but cross-platform on a game like this is a no-no. And as soon as this goes to consoles, all the consolers will scream, "OMGZ I WANTZ TO PLAI WITH MAI PC BUDDEES!!".

Just. Say. No.
09/13/2011 06:38 AMPosted by PantySausage
Try playing Devil May Cry on PC. The controls are awkward as hell. Game is pretty much unplayable on PC.

In some weird marketing scheme, several companies decided to make console-style controllers for the PC. DMC can be played just the same on a PC as it can on a console with the right accessories.

On the other hand, there ARE mouse/keyboard combos for the 360/PS3. The problem is that they still rely on the in-game THUMBSTICK sensitivity. A mouse on a console behaves NOTHING like a PC mouse. It would still be playable, of course. But if you're going this route, why not just buy the game for PC?
id still be interested to know if anyone has tried to use one of thos wireless xbox 360 controlers for the pc to play d3 beta havent heard anything be interesting to hear a feedback on this ..
D3 dont look no more complicated than little big planet...
its too bad that pc players dont know how to work a simple joystick : P
No.
Diablo 1 Actually worked on PS1 and it was kinda good... Obviously it was easier to play in a PC... I think its a good idea...
09/13/2011 07:47 AMPosted by Renzo
Diablo 1 Actually worked on PS1 and it was kinda good... Obviously it was easier to play in a PC... I think its a good idea...

i had it on ps1 it was just as easy as on the pc
from what ive noticed people who play pc mostly cant work a console joystick and thos who are used to consoles cant work a mouse and keyboard.......
id love to see this happen it would be awasome id buy it for ps3 and pc..
only thing that might suffer a lil is the graphics if you port it to console but id still bet it would look great IMO
They are already working on a console version of D3 - check out their Job Postings.

And since D3 is primarily a DX9 game, it shouldn't be difficult at all.

PS3 won't be a problem - Sony doesn't have that annoying Xbox Live licensing crap to deal with.

360? Doubt it. Microsoft wants too much control over online gaming on a Xbox 360.
No. It's a PC game and should never be ported.

Next?
No. It's a PC game and should never be ported.

Next?

i bet blizzards glad that you dont work for there marketing team
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for overseeing Playstation 3 (PS3) architecture design as well as other PS3-specific game code development to maximize platform performance.

Responsibilities
Design, implement, and maintain game systems to work on the Playstation 3.
Identify previously unknown issues and offer solutions.
Be responsible for various systems including the game engine, audio, physics, tools pipeline, etc.
Work closely with game design to ensure a great player experience.
Requirements
A minimum of 5 years game coding experience
A minimum of 1 AAA shipped title for the PS3
In-depth knowledge of the PS3 architecture and APIs
Experience implementing systems to utilize the Cell CPU to the highest extent
Low level debugging skills (including the skill to read PPC assembly)
Experience with code and data optimization to improve both memory consumption and performance
Fluent in C / C++
Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
Able to work in a collaborative team environment
Passion for playing console games
Pluses
Computer science, EE, Mathematics, Physics, or a related degree
Familiar with Diablo and other Blizzard Entertainment products
Familiar with scripting languages

Sorry folks - it's going to happen whether you like it or not.
09/11/2011 07:08 PMPosted by Furn
No
Why no?

BECAUSE IT IS NO
first of all who wants to play diablo on ps3 controller pads???
second of all why would blizzard who make so much profits solely on pc platform try to invest so much money just to get into console platforms???
i own ps3 but i dont want to see diablo 3 on ps3
you guys think there are more people that own gaming consoles than pcs, who play games???
i dont want to be a hater, but this post is just so silly :p
Edited by Mindy on 9/13/2011 8:19 AM PDT
NO TO ALL THE THINGS

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
second of all why would blizzard who make so much profits solely on pc platform try to invest so much money just to get into console platforms???
you guys think there are more people that own gaming consoles than pcs, who play games???

to answer your questions
1 alot of people
2 to make more money
3 dont buy it there not forcing you to buy a ps3 version are they?
4 so your saying theres more pc players than xbox 360 and ps3 better google it!

1. The PS3 has USB ports that support USB keyboards and USB mice

2. The PS3 is easier and cheaper to get/setup than a PC

3. PS3 supports 1080p HDTV's (and plays Blu-Ray/DVD roms and movies)

In all, gaming on a PS3 is cheaper and more convenient than on a PC.

Just saying... You could put the entire Diablo 3 installation package on a single Blu-Ray disc and just add patches to the internal HDD.

Edited by Scourge on 9/13/2011 8:26 AM PDT

to answer your questions
1 alot of people
2 to make more money
3 dont buy it there not forcing you to buy a ps3 version are they?
4 so your saying theres more pc players than xbox 360 and ps3 better google it!

alot of people?? lol based on your intuition and just because you see some people go along with your idea???
people invest because they think it might be success and that they are going to make profits off of them??? but why would they if they are not even sure it is going to, just because you like them?? well almost half of the people here disagree so take it as a population sample, i dont its going to make too much profit
and based on your ideas why isnt dota on multiplatforms???
and lastly googling wont help me find how many console gamers and pc gamers there are that is just silly as this posting :p
I've got no problem with DIII coming to consoles as long as the PC remains Blizz's native development platform, and they don't make controlling the game on the PC a PITA because of changes made to accommodate controllers.
Edited by Cutwolf on 9/13/2011 8:44 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]