Diablo® III

Sold!

85 Dwarf Priest
Before I was a bit worried that we would no longer have skill trees to place points into our skills like in D2 , I was also disappointed that we wouldn't be able to place stat points. After looking at the skill calc and the runestones, I LOVE the new system, I can now see how many choices and variety are now possible. A little part of me wishes we could still place stat points however.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
A worry I have however with system is how hard some of these runes will be hard to find ... if some are really rare and hard to find than the variety between players will be a lot more limited .... I am interested to see how this will work out.
Reply Quote
Agreed man! Can't wait to try out 9 billion builds. xD
Reply Quote
Oh dear sweet jebus I'm just so overwhelmed by awesome WHERE THE HELL DO I START
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
09/12/2011 06:21 PMPosted by Wigetdamiget
A worry I have however with system is how hard some of these runes will be hard to find ... if some are really rare and hard to find than the variety between players will be a lot more limited .... I am interested to see how this will work out.

It was stated that early rank runes would drop fairly often so you can at least play around with them and try them out for yourself.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 06:14 PMPosted by Wigetdamiget
A little part of me wishes we could still place stat points however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKvxab1kBk&feature=relmfu

I 100% agree with Jay Wilson on this one. He's a pretty smart guy ;D
Reply Quote
I don't think runes will be hard to come by in all varieties, and ranks are spread throughout all four difficulties. The first 2 ranks drop in normal, so I think it's safe to assume the spread will be 2/2/2/1 for rank distribution. Runes will also be salable in both AH's so becoming a crimson dynamo or a golden dragon won't be too difficult at all.
Reply Quote
09/12/2011 06:21 PMPosted by Wigetdamiget

Level 1 runes are supposed to drop fairly often. Level 7 is supposed to be rare.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
09/12/2011 07:07 PMPosted by GeminiEclips

Level 1 runes are supposed to drop fairly often. Level 7 is supposed to be rare.

Ok I am a little confused ....what will be the difference in the levels of runes? More power with the same affects?
Reply Quote

Ok I am a little confused ....what will be the difference in the levels of runes? More power with the same affects?

Right, the runes on the site are max level. So if it says it increases damage on X skill by 260% you can assume a level 1 runestone would only be maybe 40%
Edited by Soda on 9/12/2011 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is this where we can say "I told you so?" :P JK
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
09/12/2011 08:23 PMPosted by Ice
Is this where we can say "I told you so?" :P JK

but seriously.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]