Diablo® III

Wormhole = Infinite Teleport Spam?

I guess you guys have read it also, here is goes:
------------------------------
Teleport
Utility
Cost: 15 Arcane Power
Cooldown: 16 secondsTeleport through the ether to the selected location up to 35 yards away.

Wormhole (Alabaster 7 Rune)
After casting Teleport there is a 2.0 second delay before the cooldown begins.
-----------------------------

Does that mean that we will have 2 second delay to cast another teleport afeter casting one. On and on..

I dont like that, infinite teleport (for all classes btw, aka enigma) in diablo 2 makes the game easy and boring. What you guys think? I hope i understood wrong.
Reply Quote
The 2.0 second period starts. You may cast teleport until it ends. It does not last indefinitely, I don't believe. It simply lasts until the 2 seconds passes.
Reply Quote
Probably only after the first cast.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
It's a little awkwardly worded, but no, the 16 second cooldown is still there, it just takes 2.0 seconds after initial cast before the cooldown timer starts ticking.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
09/13/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Static
The 2.0 second period starts. You may cast teleport until it ends. It does not last indefinitely, I don't believe. It simply lasts until the 2 seconds passes.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
At most you'll get 3 off, and that's if you click fast.

Reply Quote
09/13/2011 03:43 PMPosted by Seytan
At most you'll get 3 off, and that's if you click fast.

guess that will depends on your ping also
Edited by bubasauro on 9/13/2011 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do we know if teleport requires there be an open path to the target area to work, or is it like in D2 where if you can see it, you can TP there?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Teleport was fine in Diablo 2 there was never a reason for it to get nerfed in diablo3
Reply Quote
09/13/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Magnus
Do we know if teleport requires there be an open path to the target area to work, or is it like in D2 where if you can see it, you can TP there?

You can teleport through breakable objects, openable gates, over gaps and up/down ledges, but not through walls, from the beta footage.
Reply Quote
I'm not so sure it's not infinite cast as long as you keep at it and have the AP. Do those of you saying it's not have an official source?
Reply Quote
09/13/2011 03:56 PMPosted by Abirn
Teleport was fine in Diablo 2 there was never a reason for it to get nerfed in diablo3
An easily abused teleport skill enables botting very well.
Reply Quote
09/13/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Mith

Disagree.

I totally agree with your disagree.

No cd teleport means easy rush and botting! Was that fine for you Abirn?
Reply Quote
From My understanding it means you basically have to hold the button and that within the 2 first 2sec after last cast cooldown will not trigger. The problem with this is that you pretty much won't know where you are going If you don't take the time to see where you are going and Ressource doesn't work the same as in D2 so I don't think you can spam this very long
Reply Quote

Was fine until enigma but it did give unfair advantage to sorcs.
Reply Quote

Teleport allowed you to completely skip a lvl.
That is the whole reason why they made teleport with a cd
Blizz wants you to to experience every lvl without skiping it.
Reply Quote

Was fine until enigma but it did give unfair advantage to sorcs.

rofl yeah.. it gave a class that can be useless against any build with enough rez/absorb such an advantage. it gave all other classes an unfair advantage and made sorc pointless.
Edited by plouyd on 9/13/2011 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yhea but casting another teliport would it restart the Cooldown timer from when the last teliport is cast ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]