Diablo® III

Infinite grenades

91 Tauren Shaman
I noticed that if you use a gold runestone and Grenadier with grenades, the hate cost drops to 0. This seems to lend itself to some impressive spamming abuse, considering that grenades have no cooldown. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Reply Quote
Just thought I would throw that out there

i see what you did there
Reply Quote
ie. just equip the fastest weapon in the game and spam grenades and traps until everything is dead. Weeeeeeeeeeee.
Reply Quote
Grenades only do a limited amount of damage, though. At high levels, I'd imagine your basic bow shot will do more damage.
Reply Quote
Have you seen the range on them? They don't exactly go across the screen....
Reply Quote
Where are you getting it reduced to zero?
Reply Quote
09/17/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Shahamut
Where are you getting it reduced to zero?

The golden rune for the grenades plus the passive that reduces their cost.
Reply Quote
It is my guess that the passives will take effect before rune placement. Passive reduces it by 15 to 15. The Rune would further reduce it to 12.5... This would of course mean that having the passive AND the rune would not be your best option, unless the passive or rune has another benefit outside of cost.
Reply Quote
soooooo ... we dont know if they stack yet or not?
Reply Quote
Even if they didn't stack like you think they would you would regen faster than you could spend it, much like using evasive fire non-stop.

However, Grenades right now do very little damage, don't scale with weapon damage, and unless there are masses of mobs, hungering arrow and evasive fire are much much better.

Somtimes I can get 5 target with a single hungering arrow that does 3-5 times as much damage as a grenade (depending on crits).
Reply Quote
30-15-12.5 =2.5 not 0
Reply Quote
09/18/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Rabidwhale
30-15-12.5 =2.5 not 0

The Golden rune reduces the cost TO 12.5, not by 12.5.
Reply Quote
Then go ahead and spam grenades.
Reply Quote
Now they do scale with weapon damage, AND they GIVE you hatred. This skill went from useless to really good, really quick.
Reply Quote
09/14/2011 03:43 PMPosted by Immortalize
Have you seen the range on them? They don't exactly go across the screen....

Yes, you can throw them across the room. You have to find an aiming system that works for you. I have them bound to the number 2 and realized they get thrown to the area where my mouse is on screen. Mouse-over the clustered enemies, press 2... And they go where I wanted. Including across the room.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]