Diablo® III

PayPal And World of Warcraft

(Locked)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3501279#blog

"PayPal will also soon be added in several regions as a payment option on Battle.net, providing another convenient and secure payment method for digital purchases of Blizzard products and services."

Will this include World of Warcraft subscriptions?

If someone doesn't want to use their credit card on battle.net, and doesn't want to purchase a game time card in a store, ($15/month $30/2 months), will the current World of Warcraft offerings: $13, $14, $15 for 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months, respectively, be offered through a Battle.net PayPal option?

-Starcraft II Gamer Says Hi In Diablo III Forums
90 Worgen Druid
You can already pay for WoW with PayPal... am I misreading?
Isn't that exactly what you got from this? That's exactly what I got from this. :P
09/14/2011 10:40 AMPosted by Qithlorien
Wait what, you serious?!
Serious. Pretty sure the option's been there a long while, too.
Edited by Static on 9/14/2011 10:41 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
They did say awhile back that you will have a b.net 'wallet' that can be used for subscriptions.
Community Manager
PayPal has been an available payment option for World of Warcraft accounts for some time. This announcement is that we're extending that partnership to our Blizzard Store as well - but more prominently - that PayPal will be the third party for most regions in which you'll cash out (should you choose) while using the currency based auction house.
88 Orc Hunter
yea ive been paying for wow with paypal for like a year now
Community Manager
09/14/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Qithlorien
Is this current? Like do you just login with your WoW account [on Battle.net] and PayPal is just offered there as an option, in the subscription webpage, etc.?

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/payment-method.html
09/14/2011 10:43 AMPosted by Bashiok
PayPal has been an available payment option for World of Warcraft accounts for some time. This announcement is that we're extending that partnership to our Blizzard Store as well - but more prominently - that PayPal will be the third party for most regions in which you'll cash out (should you choose) while using the currency based auction house.

omg beta.

Edited by Synic on 9/14/2011 10:46 AM PDT
09/14/2011 10:39 AMPosted by Maneheals
You can already pay for WoW with PayPal... am I misreading?

Yes, it's been available for a long time.

You can't however, use PayPal for extra services like Race Changes, etc (for some reason). But you certainly can for your WoW subscription. (maybe this new implementation is changing that?)
Edited by Skyfire on 9/14/2011 10:49 AM PDT
So how much does PayPal get from our RMAH sales?
Edited by Scourge on 9/14/2011 10:48 AM PDT
09/14/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Scourge

PayPal will charge you a standard fee (it's around 3%), but ONLY if you decide to cash the money out.

If you decide to keep the funds in your battle.net wallet, they get nothing.
Edited by Skyfire on 9/14/2011 10:50 AM PDT
They did say awhile back that you will have a b.net 'wallet' that can be used for subscriptions.

Is the battle.net "wallet" currently manageable? The Blizzard Store can be browsed by 3 sections: Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo.

I might have X dollars that I want to keep WoW subscriptions, but notice a neat item on the Diablo III auction house, but might not want to drive to the bank, at that split second, as I'd "have to have" said Diablo 3 item; maybe a new toy off the Blizzard Store, but because I might've forgotten that I started subscribing to WoW on the 17th of every month, +10 months later, I'd miss out on digital goodies.

Playstation Network store kinda has a wallet like this, but it'd be interesting to have three seperate sub-wallets for Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo.

From what I have heard, your wallet encompasses everything.

If you make a bunch of money on the RMAH, and want to put that towards a WoW sub, or an ingame WoW pet.. you can. It's hard to say until we see the system, if you can "reserve" money for certain things.
Edited by Skyfire on 9/14/2011 10:54 AM PDT
09/14/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Skyfire

PayPal will charge you a standard fee (it's around 3%), but ONLY if you decide to cash the money out.

If you decide to keep the funds in your battle.net wallet, they get nothing.

By "cashing out" do you mean transferring to your Credit Card or transferring to your PayPal credit balance?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]