Diablo® III

Baal & Marius

87 Undead Warlock

Okay Baal and Marius, D2. WHY did Baal kill Marius?

Think you of the fact that Baal came in disguise anyway, and that Marius believed he was Tyrael. NOW, I know what you're thinking "Hee deed eet cuz he's EEEBIL stoopid." Yes he is evil, probably as evil as "evil" gets being a demon lord. However if he's so evil (and he is) then...

* WHY didnt he kill Marius in the first place? That's right, since he KNEW Marius had the soulstone, he could have just taken it from him in the first place.
* WHY did he bother to stay awhile and listen to that whole story (and he didnt get the cinematics either)?

Ultimately for some reason he went "You havent failed me old man, you've done exactly as I wanted" *reveals identity* "Here's your reward." Which turned out to be a horribly painful death (unless you twist it into 'oh you get to savor oblivion instead of the nightmare to come; but he does have a bit of sarcasm unlike the other two). The thing is instead of killing him and torching the place, he could have always left just as easily as he came.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
1) Like Shingan said, he probably didn't know where the stone was. And I doubt Baal had a great amount of power without it.

2) Probably because he was enjoying the whole thing. He was very amused into tricking Marius into handing over the stone, and he was definitely amused by Marius' reaction to him being Baal... and having just given the soulstone to him.

Baal wanted to play with Marius' head before getting the stone and killing him. Demons are kinda sadistic that way. >_>
Edited by Rothiron on 9/16/2011 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]