nm

nm
Edited by sic on 9/19/2011 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No damage spam? Odd..
Reply Quote
09/18/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Immortalize
No damage spam? Odd..

Pestilence, or replace with any spam you prefer.
Reply Quote
Pestilence is not in the build. You've listed 7 skills on the page, only 6 are available.

I would personally drop something for Addling Toads -- Plague of Toads with Alabaster. This gives you a damage spam ability that also debuffs the enemy, playing off your Support role. I would personally drop Mass Confusion for Toads, unless you pick the 4 second cooldown Confusion.

You should also consider Wall of Zombies, as many forms of it can support a group in need of retreat, or hinder an enemy retreat.

Here is my own support build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bkjPZd!UbX!abbbbb

I've discussed Toads, Zombies, and Mass Confusion above, and have kept Hex and Fetish Army in the same form as the OP. I've changed the Zombie Dog to Golden to drop health globes for the team, as they provide healing. Finally, I've changed Pierce the Veil to Spiritual Attunement, as between Toad and Wall spam, along with keeping Hex off cooldown, mana consumption will greatly increase.
Reply Quote
If your going to comment the least you can do it read the first post and not just click the link at the bottom of it, there is zero point to theorycrafting and discussion if your not going to be aware of what the theorycraft or discussion is about.

There are a total of 7 active skills you can use at any one time. 1-4 on the mouse pad, left mouse button, right mouse button and X/Tab that switches the active skill of your right mouse button.

... you can have both left and right mouse button bound to skills (and pressing 'x' will swap your right-mouse with yet another skill button for a total of 3 mouse binds)...

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3196390175#12

So technically the still calculater should have 7 active skill lots instead of 6.
Reply Quote
There are a total of 7 active skills you can use at any one time. 1-4 on the mouse pad, left mouse button, right mouse button and X/Tab that switches the active skill of your right mouse button.

I'm sorry but you've misinterpretted this.

You cannot have 7 active skills. That's why there are only 6 to choose from in the skill calculator.

The post you refer to is talking about buttons to which you can bind those skills(and various other activations). They could give you 1000 buttons to bind skills to but you would still only be able to put 6 different ones into them.
Reply Quote

You cannot have 7 active skills. That's why there are only 6 to choose from in the skill calculator.

The post you refer to is talking about buttons to which you can bind those skills(and various other activations). They could give you 1000 buttons to bind skills to but you would still only be able to put 6 different ones into them.

What this guy said.

With that out of the way, would you care to continue a civil discussion about support Witch Doctors, sic? I did in fact read your entire post.
Reply Quote
Here is my take on a support doctor. Going to take a further look at it, making tweaks accordingly.

Build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#QdTPZh!UYX!Zbabbc

This is a mix between support and dog handler. There is one spammable skill at your disposal. Use sacrifice to explode the enemies, 70% of the dogs will re-spawn. There is 85% chance a health globe will be left behind, each time a dog dies or sacrificed.

Other than that, the support side is pretty identical to your build. However, changed pierce of the veil for gruesome feast. Made this due to the fact globes will be common. Run around with a constant 50% buff to attack.

If you want another means to deal damage. Tweak big bad voodoo or fetish army for exploding beast of zombie charger. This will add a AoE attack to your arsenal.

What do you think?

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
This is what I have in mind for a support WD in Inferno mode

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cQPhTZ!UXe!aZbZZa

during burst or critical moments, all 4 major CD's will be on cool down and give you 300% increased mana regen to spam the following;

This will allow you to spam Haunt with Alabaster which can be stacked on single target. Alternatively, Haunt can be replaced with either Firebats, Firebomb, Acid Cloud or Locust Swarm depending on your DPS fancy or desired tool for the situation you face.

Damage boosts
Sacrifice when ever summon Zombie Dogs is off CD for the 60 sec, 160% increased damage buff

Big Bad Voodoo for 40% damage increase for all
(Not sure if the casting speed increase affects the dps of Firebats)

Survival
If damage taken becomes an issue, use the Indigo Life link rune for dogs. 70% damage absorbed by dogs. Can even go as far as switching Zombie Handler or Tribal Rites for Death Trance for even greater mitigation

Reply Quote
09/18/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Throkmorten

Gods that makes me a sad panda, I need to redo all the builds I've been building i_i

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]