Diablo® III

Mouse wheel used for anything?

(Locked)

Just curious...is Mouse3 or the up/down on a mouse wheel currently used for anything in the beta? Can they be configured for skill usage?

Thanks.
85 Night Elf Druid
Would say its probably used like it is in SC2 a way to scroll closer to watch the blood and bodies get ripped to pieces
09/19/2011 06:41 AMPosted by Blazur
Would say its probably used like it is in SC2 a way to scroll closer to watch the blood and bodies get ripped to pieces

As I understand it a single button now controls zooming. I think it's the letter Z. So that leaves the mouse wheel in question.

You can bind it to whatever you want it could be a skill on your action bar if needed. Also if you have alot of buttons on your mouse you could play only with your mouse and never touch the keyboard O.o
If they make it used for something can we have the option of turning it off as I hated hitting the scroll wheel in d2 when I didn't mean to.
I'll be binding it to one of my skills for sure. Middle click to me has always been good for those 'oh, !@#$' skills.
I sure hope that you can bind skills to it. In D2 i had my skills so i could scroll through them on the fly with my wheel.
85 Night Elf Priest
09/18/2011 08:02 PMPosted by Ferious

currently it doesnt do that in the beta.
Wasn't the mouse wheel going to be used to swap your RMB skill?
Maybe this should be bindable.

Scroll up and scroll down would be awesome for cool downs.
09/19/2011 06:43 AMPosted by Nishm

As I understand it a single button now controls zooming. I think it's the letter Z. So that leaves the mouse wheel in question.

You can bind it to whatever you want it could be a skill on your action bar if needed. Also if you have alot of buttons on your mouse you could play only with your mouse and never touch the keyboard O.o

Oh yeeeeeah, this Naga is gonna leave my left hand free to..... uh.... well... eat a slice of pizza I guess...yeah.. that sounds solid.
All the buttons on my mouse were bindable when I tested, including mouse wheel up/down.
Mouse wheel does nothing by default.
Any keybinds in the list to edit switching abilities?

i.e.

MWheelUp = Next Ability
MWheelDown = Previous Ability

Would be fantastic to hot swap that way.

Sorta what DarkMain is talking about.
Community Manager
09/19/2011 08:21 AMPosted by DarkMain

It was. It's now default bound to X.

You can rebind mousewheel to the alt-skill instead of X, if you want, or a different skill slot, or bind it to open your inventory for that matter.
09/19/2011 09:46 AMPosted by Bashiok

You can rebind mousewheel to the alt-skill instead of X, if you want, or a different skill slot, or bind it to open your inventory for that matter.

So can we bind next and previous to up and down? Or is it most likely just one ability to swap and limited to either down or up?
This makes me a little sad; I originally thought the mouse wheel would scroll through MULTIPLE skills, not just two. Thanks for the feedback, Bashiok.

Of course, that doesn't mean a keybinding couldn't cycle through multiple skills...but I digress.

Being able to keybind the mouse wheel to something else entirely is kind of a nice little feature. I don't think other games utilize it enough.
Edited by Giraffasaur on 9/19/2011 9:51 AM PDT
sign of
09/19/2011 09:46 AMPosted by Bashiok

Where can you rebind the alt-skill, I was unable to find that bind in any of the options.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]