Diablo® III

WD Strong in end game?

I am curious to know how strong they will be in the latter stages of the game. I would almost compare WD to a Druid of D2 LOD in the sense that it is a pet heavy class. In D2 Summoning Druids were pretty much useless after Normal, you could maybe get halfway thru nightmare before running into problems, which kinda sucked because it took that entire build out of the game. What I am curious to find out is, how well the WD pets will be once you get into the end of nightmare and into hell. Obvisouly you will mix and match spells and passive skills and not focus all on one area, but like in D2 the Druid pets would get one shotted all day once you got into hell making you have to perma summon wolves and vines in order not to get owned, which almost made putting points into wolves etc useless.

I just hope the WD gameplay isn't kiting the monsters all day in order not to get owned.
Reply Quote
Think of the WD like the Shaman/Druid in wow. It is pretty hard to rival a Mage/Warlock but you can heal/dps/supportDPS in a click of time. Wizard and DH cannot heal and cannot support as much as WD can. So if you want a versatile class, take the WD,. If you want a pure dps, you choose the wrong class here.
Reply Quote
I would say that the compromise the WD makes is less straight up damage than some other classes, since he has pets and quite a few control spells.

But, I could be completely wrong as this is all just people guessing.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
you have no idea how things scale or are tuned. WD will be fine in endgame on the basis that blizzard is going to balance the game for pve.

the game isn't even out yet. calm down people.
Reply Quote
Think of the witchdoctor as the Shaman / Druid in WoW

Diablo is such a different game to WoW. At the end of the day, each and every class is focused on taking down as many monsters as quickly as possible. The pets and CC's in here help to not get swarmed, but the witch doc is still essentially a DPS class

What people have described so far is that the summons scale very well. I'm sure they'l be a staple right through to inferno.
Edited by Haggis on 9/28/2011 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd be interested in seeing some lifedrain WDs running around when runes are out.
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 07:48 PMPosted by Vik
Think of the WD like the Shaman/Druid in wow. It is pretty hard to rival a Mage/Warlock but you can heal/dps/supportDPS in a click of time. Wizard and DH cannot heal and cannot support as much as WD can. So if you want a versatile class, take the WD,. If you want a pure dps, you choose the wrong class here.

Druids and Shamans can beat Mage/Lock dps most of the time depending on the build. Along with this, if you build a shaman or druid for dps, your cc and healing goes to utter shiit.

It is my assumption that D3 will work similarly. If you want to build dps as a WD you'll match dps with any other class no problem. If you want cc and sustainability you'll have to sacrifice damage slots for it.

Spirit builds will be just as viable, if not more so, than wizard builds late game.

Summoner builds are the ones that might see diminishing effectiveness as the difficulty ramps up.

Edited by FinaLVerdicT on 9/28/2011 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]