Diablo® III

How did Diablo come back?

Forgive me if this topic has already been addressed, but seriously. I'm pretty sure i smashed up his soulstone good in D2, how did he magic himself back into existence?
Reply Quote
We don't know yet. I'm sure it'll be a major story point in the game though.

From all the info I've seen, I'm starting to guess it has something to do with Leah.
Reply Quote
Hmmm. Does anyone know if either of the other 2 prime evils will be making an appearance?
Reply Quote
no one knows...
we hear diablo is confirmed as the main boss though
Reply Quote
i think its something releated to tyrael's action in LoD...

you know baal corrupted world stone and tyrael had to break it which caused the shattering of the barrier between heavens sanctum and world itself... (see diablo 1-2 storyline for world stone)

so i'm assuming the black star, meteor caused someshort of a portal or gateway between hells and sanctum and all the demons can visit our world without needing a body to enslave.

tyrael is in the middle of it. why he broke world stone? should it be necessary? what will happened just after breaking it? (as far as i know there is couple years passed between d2-d3 so we dont know exacly what happened in that times other than world becoming more peacefull place -demonic- wise)
Edited by D3BETA on 9/17/2011 12:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
most likely some part of Diablo was put into adriah when she and the DW got it on and now leah will be turned into him........

comments.....yuck

You're thinking of Warcraft with Sargeras and Aegwynn and Medivh.

Oh wait......
Reply Quote
The Prime Evils are spawned out of the black abyss, so they cant die. They merely re materialize back in Hell. With the Worldstone destroyed Diablo can easily make his way back into Sanctuary. I believe Diablo has been confirmed. Although Baal and Mephisto have not been confirmed they would very logically be in the game.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
09/16/2011 03:44 PMPosted by Shingan
most likely some part of Diablo was put into adriah when she and the DW got it on and now leah will be turned into him........

I thought they did it BEFORE he killed Diablo, but along the way.

09/16/2011 03:44 PMPosted by Shingan
comments.....yuck

#34/35/36

On a side note....how old was Adria? She sounded old to me.
Reply Quote
After hours and hours of research and putting together fragments of lore, I have determined the OFFICIAL EXPLANATION!

Mephisto is most likely gone cuz he was a scrub and got farmed 10,000,000 times by MF sorcs.

Baal blew up into 1,000 ghost heads and flew off to go talk to himself all day long about how he never expected to be killed since people would just farm his minions and leave him alone.

Diablo however was a bit trickier than his brothers. While most people believe his soulstone was destroyed, he had a back up plan. While sitting patiently in the depths of hell underneath the cathedral in diablo 1, he read all seven of the harry potter books (they were released a lot earlier in hell than on earth). He became a great fan of Voldemort and said "minions! i want a horcrux in case someone smashes my soul rock with a hammer someday!" so his minions went forth and invaded sanctum in search for a good horcrux to please diablo. but demons not being too smart ripped open the portal to hell in the depths of a church in a little sleepy down called tristram. not being able to turn any holy items into a good horcrux, they ventured forth and raided the town of tristram. demons also being very lazy merely ripped the leg off the first kid they found. when presented with the leg diablo said "fine whatever this leg shall be my secret horcrux" as he was over the harry potter books since he realized his spells were a lot more badass than Voldemort's and wasn't gonna get beaten by some seventeen year-old kid with no parents. Breaking off a shard of his soulstone he jabbed it into the leg and threw it into a dark corner in the tristram cathedral for safe keeping. The kid survived and even got a wooden peg leg. he lived a short and miserable life on the outskirts of town ripping adventurers off by overcharging them for mediocre magical items. Though diablo was eventually defeated (prob a 17 year-old kid playing warrior) and the cathedral raided, the boy's original leg was never found. Diablo eventually came back with his 2 brothers and messed up the world again. this time tristram was raided and destroyed and the boy killed. many adventurers hated the boy so much they went back to get the boy's peg leg, steal their gold back, leave the body there, and use the leg in demonic cow rituals. Diablo and his brothers were defeated, their fates each mentioned above. But unknown to the world, when all evil was defeated from Sanctum for the second time, a leg in a dark corner in the depths of the cathedral began to glow. It took many years but diablo channeled his soul into the forgotten leg and grew it into his new demonic body. He channeled so much power into creating his new body it caused a great explosion in the cathedral making a giant glowing crater through it (you can see this crater in beta gameplay videos). He exploded into the world again shouting "B!TC#E$ DON'T KNOW 'BOUT MY HORCRUXES!" Thus diablo walked the earth once again filling the cathedral with demons and skeleton kings before disappearing to his secret hideout.

So after much explanation, it is my belief that diablo was reborn via Wirt's original missing leg. and THAT my friend's, is how wirt's leg will be worked into diablo 3.
Reply Quote
He's in Tyrael.
Reply Quote
the black abyss.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Weren't the soulstones a prison for the prime evils, why would they die if they were destroyed? It would just release them right?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
They dont die.
But without soulstones they would be unable to walk on sanctuary. However, if the worldstone is really destroyed (what is still not certain, even after seeing that cinematic on D2), then the Prime evils and the archangels would be free to stay within the sanctuary.
But how this will happen exactly is still unknown
Reply Quote
They dont die.
But without soulstones they would be unable to walk on sanctuary. However, if the worldstone is really destroyed (what is still not certain, even after seeing that cinematic on D2), then the Prime evils and the archangels would be free to stay within the sanctuary.
But how this will happen exactly is still unknown

I've read this in a few places and it made me think of something. If angels and demons can really come and go at will now, why isn't the entire planet just one big scorched war zone?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Well in the 40 years before they got trapt they didn't have soulstones!
Edited by Brollin on 9/19/2011 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bacon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]