Diablo® III

Pets and Attack skill / % damage increase

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but does anyone know if pet damage is effected by the Attack stat or skills that give % damage?

Say, for instance, I have the sacrifice skill with a crimson rune (which increases damage by 40% for each dog sacrificed). I sacrifice 4 dogs, giving me a 160% increase to all damage.

I then summon fetish army. Will the fetishes be attacking at their static damage, or will the damage they deal increase by 160%?

Alternatively, consider the skill soul harvest, which gives 126 attack for every enemy hit with the spell (limit 5). If I hit 5 enemies with soul harvest (630 attack) and then summon fetish army, will the army benefit from my extra 630 attack?
Reply Quote
As I posted in another thread...

To quote Safiyr, a F&F beta tester from another thread (Corpse of Spiders?)...

"As for the Z-dogs, they scale quite well with levels and gear, to the point where at about level 9-10, they can solo most mobs without dropping below 75% health.

On a side note, and purely because I can go no farther than Leoric, am level 12, and therefore have out-leveled the availiable content; I've stopped using the Z-dogs because there's NO CHALLENGE to them with that level difference. They can solo everything, and deal about 9-10 damage a hit when most swarming enemies have only ~20."

There isn't any details on how they scale or with what stats, etc. but they seem to confirm that in one way or another they do scale. Safiyr's been awesome about filling us in on all sorts of info and mechanics throughout the forum. I'd love to see some testing done on this further~
Edited by Joxorz on 9/21/2011 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It seems they use our Attack skill the same way we do. At lvl 13 with 110 Attack, my dogs did 12-13 damage per hit. When i removed my gear, my attack was at 38 and they did 6-7 damage per hit.

Vitality doesnt seem to affect them, though the only way i tested was to see if their healthbars diminished as i quickly put on all my equipment. They didnt. No clue about precision and defense.

Reply Quote
It seems they use our Attack skill the same way we do. At lvl 13 with 110 Attack, my dogs did 12-13 damage per hit. When i removed my gear, my attack was at 38 and they did 6-7 damage per hit.

Vitality doesnt seem to affect them, though the only way i tested was to see if their healthbars diminished as i quickly put on all my equipment. They didnt. No clue about precision and defense.

Most awesome to hear this. I'd love to find out how, if at all, they scale with any of our defensive stats. Maybe it's with attack too for all we know.
Reply Quote
Just speculation on my part: From looking at the witch doctor skills, it seems like the Zombie Dogs damage will benefit from +attack (and maybe even weapon damage?).

Since WDs have the passive that gives pets thorns and life regen, I doubt they will inherit any other bonuses innately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]