Diablo® III

How Quest lines will work with friends

If I'm done with the skelly king and my gf just starts off, will she have to jump up to where i am or will i be able to help her with her quests? in D2 it depended on who's game you joined so i'm not sure how that translates into D3
Reply Quote
If you are the party leader, she will be sped up to your progress in the storyline, just like D2 works.
source?
Reply Quote
Aside from the fact that I've played the game at the Press Event and I'm in the Beta, I talked about it with Jay Wilson in one of the interviews at the Press Event.
if you wantto skip half the game thats up to you, id rather play through the story at least thru normal before i get rushed
Reply Quote
09/23/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Sixen
If you are the party leader, she will be sped up to your progress in the storyline, just like D2 works.

Except not like D2 at all, in that you can actually play with someone who is significantly ahead of you in quests.

Just to clarify, let's say Player A has completed the game on all difficulties and Player B is a brand new character. Player A hosts a game on normal, setting the quest to "Kill Diablo" (or whatever the final quest is). Player B joins.
1) If Player B now leaves, could he host a normal game starting at any quest?
2) Can the two players go kill Diablo (Player A is the only one actually killing anything), thus completing the Diablo quest for Player B?

Even if the answer is yes to both of these, I don't think it's a bad thing. In any RPG, there will always be certain areas that are better for leveling up than other, and players will find those areas and exploit them. The only way to avoid this would be to remove variety from the game entirely.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I don't think that if you join someone and complete the "kill diablo" that you instantly get all the unlocks. My guess is that it will follow a standard progression you can only select up to the line stops before its skips.

Just as an example. You have Act 1 fully completed and done the first quest on Act 2. You friend invites you to the Act 4 Kill Diablo Quest. You complete it. You will get that quest flag done but because your full quest line stops on the first quest in Act 2, you can only select up to there instead of having full access through Acts 2, 3 and 4.

Having it do that would basically allow a full powerlevel instantly and with all the discouraging they did with limiting powerleveling in D2, I don't see it happening in 3.
Reply Quote
I don't think that if you join someone and complete the "kill diablo" that you instantly get all the unlocks. My guess is that it will follow a standard progression you can only select up to the line stops before its skips.

Jay Wilson said otherwise. You could theoretically skip the entire game at level 1 by joining someone at the end of the game. You won't get extra exp, the only thing rushing in D3 does is allow you to completely skip the storyline. You still need to play through the game to level up, because exp is restricted in areas you should not be in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]