Diablo® III

Demon Hunter New Resource System!

The skill calculator has changed, there are now hatred builders and spenders. Discipline seems unchanged.

EDIT: Also, many skills have new damage number values....some that used to be base damage are %weapon damage...things like that, haven't looked at everything yet.
Edited by Arktek on 9/22/2011 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The change to grenades might make them useful.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#beaSQj!WUY!bYaZbc

My new build based on the new system.

Builders are hungering arrow for general killing when low on hatred, and entangling shot with chain gang rune for mass AoE snare.

Spenders are Impale with grievous wound rune for single target boss owning, and multishot for Large packs

Discipline gives me marked for death for boss fights, and sentry.

Passives: 10% more damage at range, crit stacking for impales, and archery for general weapon bonuses.
Edited by Arktek on 9/22/2011 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well now I know what I'll be working on tonight; messing with new builds! Really liking the changes I'm seeing thus far!
Reply Quote
I like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#kXYdjV!beV!cbcbZZ now. It still has a bit of a disc-heavy focus on the fun crimson rune for sentry, and still has the capacity for vaulting easily for positioning.

Rapid Fire is my single target Hatred dump. I could get Obsidian instead for more damage, though my build likes to be on the move and doesn't have Ballistics (if Ballistics applies), so the cheaper initial cost may be better.

For dealing with groups, I have all the fun evasiveness from cheap vaults, Elemental Arrow (presuming cold damage still chills for a bit of a slow), and the massive explosion from Obsidian Evasive Fire. Evasive Fire is my main way of regaining Hatred, and I imagine that I'd want to be using it anyways for the runestone effect around groups.

As far as Hatred management goes, I feel like I'll be using Evasive Fire pretty regularly in groups for the runestone effect, and Elemental Arrow is damn cheap anyways, so I'm not too worried. For single target, I imagine fights going like Dump all my hatred into Rapid Fire -> Evasive Fire once they're close to get my Hatred back and get some distance/damage in -> Vault away if necessary -> Resume Rapid Fire.
Reply Quote
What is this!? I didn't sign up to play a Barb... I wanted to play Demon Hunter... Why are we stealing Barb resource? What is the deal!!!

p.s. Strafe still described as costing 2 hatred per second even though its in generator category
Edited by Thanatos on 9/22/2011 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/22/2011 08:25 PMPosted by Thanatos
What is this!? I didn't sign up to play a Barb... I wanted to play Demon Hunter... Why are we stealing Barb resource? What is the deal!!!
I think it's closer to Arcane Power than Fury. We have skills that cost it faster than we regenerate it, and we have skills that generate it/cost none for when we get low and need to start regenerating it for more use of our abilities that cost it. But honestly, that was pretty close to how it worked before anyways. All this did was give us more ways to get Hatred back when hatred starving was a severe problem, noticeable even in the beta videos.

p.s. Strafe still described as costing 2 hatred per second even though its in generator category

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's not a bug. You probably generate more than 2 hatred a second naturally, so you'll still generate hatred while casting it. Probably kind of a similar thing with the golden rune for Ray of Frost on Wizards, you can technically replace a signature spell with it since you'll still gain AP while using it even though it costs you 3 AP/sec.
Edited by Wind on 9/22/2011 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Looks like based on the amount of hatred skills cost vs. how much is generated I think hatred will also naturally regenerate. Perhaps at a slower rate?
Reply Quote
Though end game it makes sense that the new skill system works this way, but in many ways one could attest that it's a little imba that the demon hunter class has built in mana leech from lvl 1. No runes/gems/skills required. Most other classes still need to manage their resources for some time.

Just a thought.

Late game it won't be such an issue, unless the generators are overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

It's probably because it isn't a skill per say, but it increases the speed you shoot. You probably generate hatred on regular attack. With fundamentals you generate an additional 15 hate per shot. With the Indigo runestone on while dual wielding, you could regenerate hatred EXTREMELY quickly. This would be increased further using shadow power.

Although one of the passives "Grenadier" still shows that it reduces the hatred cost of grenades by 15, even though they are a generator now.
Edited by Déàth on 9/23/2011 3:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Love it!! I wanted to play DH so bad but hesitated because of the hatred issues and the dual-wield issues. Now it's just a matter of hatred generation speed vs. bigger dmg per hit like the monk and barb and of course no more resorting to basic attacks unless you want to. All skills should be more viable with the damage changes too. Very happy morning!
Reply Quote
09/23/2011 03:25 AMPosted by Déàth
Although one of the passives "Grenadier" still shows that it reduces the hatred cost of grenades by 15, even though they are a generator now.

Several DH skills still have runes like that. My guess is that they have yet to update the rune effects/passives for the new skills. Expect to see that later this week/next week

A few of the passives have changed, Vengeance has been altered, and thrill of the hunt/cull the weak are sharing graphics.

Edit: Passives
Edited by Geoff on 9/23/2011 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
Does hatred still regen? Sort of like focus for Hunters in WoW?
Reply Quote
go go chat gem
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]