Diablo® III

System Requirements

Idk about you all, but i specifically held out on buyin a comp until this game becomes available for me to install. In the event i am able to install and play, the following day i plan on purchasing a beyond average sys. Questioning if this is smart. Plan on getting dual bridged vc's, the current top proc, the fastest ram, and the most reliable solid state hd. Any radvice?
Reply Quote
You can assume that the system requirements aren't going to be as high as starcraft 2.
Reply Quote
This is personal opinion, but I think that is a terrible idea. Buying top of the line components almost always gives you far less performance-per-dollar than new mainstream products, and you will be able to play Diablo III at max settings with new components even if they aren't the fastest available.

If you want to buy a new PC to play D3 on, great. Just don't waste your money on the fastest stuff out there.

09/22/2011 07:27 PMPosted by Hichew
You can assume that the system requirements aren't going to be as high as starcraft 2.

You can? What is the reasoning behind that? Starcraft 2 requirements are pretty tame.
Reply Quote
Greetings, Fellow Diablo III Players.

As I've seen the "Changes" to the game's System Requirements recently, particularly the "recommended" one, I would like to respectfully ask for your opinion on my intended "Upgrades" to my CPU before I commence, Thank You.

Processor : Core i5 (4 Cores)
RAM : 4 GB
Graphics Card : 4GB AMD / ATI RADEON HD 5XXX - 7XXX Series
O.S. : Windows 7 or 8 (With Latest Service Pack) Which one should I chose ? 32 Bit or 64 Bit ?
Reply Quote
i5 or a amd 8 core the latest one, 8 gigs of ram, win 7 64 bit, video card whatever your budget can afford within reason... 650 ti / radeon 7770 or higher. The reason I say it might be alright to go with these are because the radeon 8850+ are suppose to be coming out this year. if you can wait to pick up one of those later for I think they said the retail is suppose to be right around $200 it will be better then the current stuff you would buy for $200 right now for the most part

650 ti and 7770 you can get for about $110-130.

These best would be to wait till a 8850 comes out and make do with an integrate video card for the next couple of months if you want to save money / dont play very many demanding games. the integrate intel 4k integrated can handle d3 on the 3570k

I would do some shopping for parts and build your own to get the most bang for your buck. you can build pretty much any computer you want for under $1k depending what video card you are dead set on getting mainly. Everything else is pretty cheap

I built my computer with everything I could want with a budget in mind but a graphics card for $500 roughly 3 months ago.

I5 3507k, mb, 1.5 tb hdd, 700 watt psu, case, dvd burner/drive, 16 gigs of ram.. right now you can get pretty much everything for slightly cheaper depending on neweggs deals.
Reply Quote
Oh, There's one more thing that I would like to ask :

Does a 32 Bit Windows 7 or 8 works well with Diablo III's recommended spec ?
Reply Quote
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

you're all welcome
Reply Quote
Does anyone have & are currently using the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660Ti as their main Graphics Card ? If so, can anyone please tell me anything what you know about this Graphics Card's performance ? Like, is the graphics "Smooth" when playing Diablo 3 ? Does it cause any kind or any type of problems when playing Diablo 3 for a long or extended period of time ? Most importantly, is this Graphics Card acceptable by the "System Requirements" of the game ? Thank you.
Reply Quote
Does anyone have & are currently using the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660Ti as their main Graphics Card ? If so, can anyone please tell me anything what you know about this Graphics Card's performance ? Like, is the graphics "Smooth" when playing Diablo 3 ? Does it cause any kind or any type of problems when playing Diablo 3 for a long or extended period of time ? Most importantly, is this Graphics Card acceptable by the "System Requirements" of the game ? Thank you.

Yep, I know nothing about building computers, or have the time to, so i got an alienware x51 and upgraded the graphics card to the GTX 660 and i5 processor. I haven't found a game yet I cannot run maxed settings.

D3 performance is very good imo. Very smooth and always at 60+ fps at maxed settings. There were probably a handful of times that the game stuttered or got fps lag and it usually happened if i joined a public game and ported to a cm wiz that was freezing 50+ mobs, while 2 barbs were WW around lol.

Again, I have limited experience with custom pc's and gaming pc's in general. I would game on a laptop in college so having a good desktop was like going from a geo metro to ferrari. :P

inb4 alienware sucks noob.
Reply Quote
Thanks Kaeferton ! Any Info about this Graphics Card is much appreciated, again, Thank you.
Reply Quote
Greetings again fellow D3 Gamers,

I'm currently awaiting for the arrival of my new 8GBX DDR3 16XX-18XX MHz Gaming RAM, the final "Ingredient" to complete the upgrade for my new CPU. But there are some questions that I would like to ask all of you out there who may knew something about computer software stuff which I hope you won't mind.

1. Is it alright if I just copy the Diablo III Folder from my "C" Drive & put it into my partition drive before the "C" Drive gets formatted to make way for my new OS : Windows 7 64 Bit, then put the D3 Folder back into the new "C" Drive ?

2. If I do the above, will D3 start-up & be able to be play properly ?

3. If D3 doesn't start-up and/or run properly if I've done #1, what should I do ?

Any advise is much appreciated, Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]