Diablo® III

How many hours 1-60 by experienced player

1 Troll Warrior
Anyone know what Blizzard has estimated about this?
Reply Quote

Yup.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior

Yup.

Are you serious?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
estimate 3 hours per act times 4 acts times 3 runs through..will depend on the difficulty curve though..
Reply Quote
3 hours per act? good luck with that. F&F are saying that 1/3 of Act I (what they are allowed to play) takes 2 hours. That's 6-10 hours for Act I and probably scales from there up. After your first run through, you may be able to rush Act I in 2 hours but you will hardly be levelling. My estimate is that max levelling is going to take WELL over 100 hours and I think that is even low.

Hopefully, I am wrong...because I would like to max out 1 of each character.
Reply Quote
The beta takes about 40 minutes to run through, if you just go for the main objectives, closer to the 2 hours if you kill/explore everything.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/24/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Toyodah
estimate 3 hours per act times 4 acts times 3 runs through..will depend on the difficulty curve though..

You're going to have to gear up and level at points in the game... like at the end of one difficulty I'd be VERY surprised if you were immediately geared and level enough for the next difficulty, and so on and so on.

Edit: Used wrong word.
Edited by Grymlic on 9/24/2011 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3 hours per act? good luck with that. F&F are saying that 1/3 of Act I (what they are allowed to play) takes 2 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-V9Klo7Go
Reply Quote
09/24/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Grymlic

You're going to have to gear up and level at points in the game... like at the end of one difficulty I'd be VERY surprised if you were immediately geared and level enough for the next difficulty, and so on and so on.

considering they said you will be level max or close by end of hell then Im pretty sure you can go to the next mode right away.
Reply Quote
How long does it take you to walk from normal rogues camp to slay hell diablo? Probably around that length of time, minus the time you'd spend at baal in normal and nightmare leveling up.
Reply Quote
I heard that 1-60 in D3 was somewhere near the equivalent of going from 1-85 in D2.

Without the rushes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I heard that 1-60 in D3 was somewhere near the equivalent of going from 1-85 in D2.

Without the rushes.

without rushes?

thats a looongg time.
Reply Quote
[quote]Beta = 1 hour by noobs.
Beta = 30 minutes by pros.
Beta = 1/3 of Act 1.

30 minutes * 3 parts * 4 acts * 3 difficulties = 18-36 hours.

Even that is generous.

Again, those estimates are based on completion....not levelling. You will not reach level 60 in 36 hours of play.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
cool story bro
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/24/2011 05:13 PMPosted by Asura

considering they said you will be level max or close by end of hell then Im pretty sure you can go to the next mode right away.

I really hope this isn't the case, I know a lot of people find "inconveniencing" to have to level and gear up between difficulties, but it really adds to the excitement of actually getting to the point that you can do those difficulties.
Reply Quote
I could do 70ish or 80ish in less than 24 hours of game play in D2. This was after I had the game memorized and had leveling down to a work of art. Where I knew where to grind each level, for maximum experience. Also, I would have friends giving me the way points and would only do the quest that were beneficial or you had to do. That being said, I feel with the same kind of leveling style you be able to hit max in less than 24 hours. If not, I would say less than 36 hours of game play for sure. This is not your classic MMO like WoW, Rift, or whatever. Diablo is an action RPG.
Reply Quote
3 hours per act? good luck with that. F&F are saying that 1/3 of Act I (what they are allowed to play) takes 2 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-V9Klo7Go
This is invalid because he knows EXACTLY what to do and doesn't go treasure hunting or exploring. If you're really PLAYING the game it will take far longer. Most people I know that played D2 liked to explore every map to get as much items as we could (we didn't know drop rates were crap of course, even for crap gear).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]